Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi community,

I have a late 2013 imac (A1417) which runs Mavericks but for a foreign reason, I can't update to el capitan nor Sierra.
seems there's something in the BIOS that goes wrong.

It also don't want to boot from an external usb HDD (with any OSX version) and apple hardware test fails (never finish)
Maverikc works perfectly ....

that's why I am asking about the opportunity to hack it with multibeast.

any idea?

You've probably got the meaning of hackintoshing wrong. It generally (and always) means to install macOS on non-Apple hardware, therefore you cannot hack your genuine iMac. Never do that as it may break your Mac (Clover turns real Macs into expensive bricks!).
You may describe your Mac's problems with more details to see if we can help.

I've had the same thought...I own a 24 inch iMac early 2008 which still works great because I've installed an SSD drive. The only problem is that Apple does not allow me to update the iOS beyond El Capitan 10.11.6. Is is possible to do it using the hackintosh skills? Thank you.

Nothing new for me. my several attempts to install something else than Maverik (10.9) failled.
If I follow apple website information I even can install high sierra on this iMac model.

each time I try to install i.e. sierra, it starts normally and at about 90% of the progress bar it boots and automatically restart the installation that faill and so on. To stop the loop, I mainain the on button for 5 sec and hold alt at restart to boot on maverik.

I've tried on the main internal partitionned disk, but also on external drive with no succes.

If any one get an idea, your welcome ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back