Contribute
Register

Can I get SL to work with i3 7100 + Intel Graphics HD 630?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte b250m-ds3h
CPU
i3 7100
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Yo guys, the title says what Id like to know.

The thing is, I have really no option to create an usb installer with a mac. But I still have my original SL install disk from my imac, that I had back then. My idea was to install that and from there, go for the sierra installer. But I read something, that integrated intel graphics arent supported.

Am I right with that or is there still a chance to get SL to work with INTEL Graphics HD 630 ?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Propably im just dumb. It says "INTEL GMA GRAPHICS" are not supported. So as I googled that, it seems that Intel GMA is just certain type of integrated graphic units. But the Intel HD 630 is just NOT a GMA unit. RIGHT?

Anyways: Can I get it done or not?

Last edited:

The thing is, I have really no option to create an usb installer with a mac. But I still have my original SL install disk from my imac, that I had back then. My idea was to install that and from there, go for the sierra installer. But I read something, that integrated intel graphics arent supported.

Am I right with that or is there still a chance to get SL to work with INTEL Graphics HD 630 ?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Propably im just dumb. It says "INTEL GMA GRAPHICS" are not supported. So as I googled that, it seems that Intel GMA is just certain type of integrated graphic units. But the Intel HD 630 is just NOT a GMA unit. RIGHT?

You need at least 10.12.6 for native KabyLake graphics support.
With 10.11.6, you can spoof KabyLake graphics (and CPU) as Skylake.

The thing is, I have really no option to create an usb installer with a mac. But I still have my original SL install disk from my imac, that I had back then. My idea was to install that and from there, go for the sierra installer. But I read something, that integrated intel graphics aren't supported.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Probably im just dumb. It says "INTEL GMA GRAPHICS" are not supported. So as I googled that, it seems that Intel GMA is just certain type of integrated graphic units. But the Intel HD 630 is just NOT a GMA unit. RIGHT?

No. Snow Leopard has no support for Kaby Lake. You really want MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Do you have a friend that use a Mac that you can borrow for some time to create a Sierra Unibeast USB stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back