Contribute
Register

Can I Format/Reinstall Windows Without Disconnecting OS X Hard Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello :)
I have a successfully working double boot 10.10.3, Windows 8.1 PRO, but unfortunately i have to format Windows 8.1 (Each system has its own SSD)
In many guides i have read i should disconnect the all the other drives, when i'm about to install an operative system (either windows or OS X).
Is that really necessary?
I'd like to format windows without, once again, going back in my case, but first i'd like to know what you guys think about.
Thanks

Hello :)
I have a successfully working double boot 10.10.3, Windows 8.1 PRO, but unfortunately i have to format Windows 8.1 (Each system has its own SSD)
In many guides i have read i should disconnect the all the other drives, when i'm about to install an operative system (either windows or OS X).
Is that really necessary?
I'd like to format windows without, once again, going back in my case, but first i'd like to know what you guys think about.
Thanks

While installing windows, keep all other SSDs/HDDs unplugged. Other wise there is change for writing the windows boot file to another HDDs/SSDs, and it may lead to booting issues of the OS present on another HDDs/SSDs.

What about dual booting on the same SSD, but installing Windows 8.1 after OS X is installed. Will this lead to potential boot problems as well?

I assume all I would need to do is install windows then reinstall Chimera using Multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back