Dell Inc. 0Y47PX - UEFI/A20 - Clover UEFI
CPU
Intel Core i7 3540M
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

It's my first time trying to make a Windows machine use MacOS.

I'm trying to install Catalina on my Dell latitude E6230. I'm using the Tonymac guide:

I get up to Step 4, number 4 fine but then...

It gets to 100% on the Apple logo screen then hangs. I left it for 24 hours. Rebooted and tried again. Left for an hour. Same thing, 100% then hangs.

I never make it to Step 4, number 5, 'choose a language'.

My BIOS version is A20, from 28 Nov, 2019.

I noticed in another thread that Pastrychef asked for images from it in Verbose mode.

Is Verbose Mode possible for a fresh install? Or do I have to have had a successful boot first?

If Verbose mode IS possible, is the Mac 'Command' key equivalent to the Windows 'Ctrl' key? (Or would it be either, 'Alt', 'Fn', or the 'Windows' key?)

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

It's my first time trying to make a Windows machine use MacOS.

I'm trying to install Catalina on my Dell latitude E6230. I'm using the Tonymac guide:

I get up to Step 4, number 4 fine but then...

It gets to 100% on the Apple logo screen then hangs. I left it for 24 hours. Rebooted and tried again. Left for an hour. Same thing, 100% then hangs.

I never make it to Step 4, number 5, 'choose a language'.

My BIOS version is A20, from 28 Nov, 2019.

I noticed in another thread that Pastrychef asked for images from it in Verbose mode.

Is Verbose Mode possible for a fresh install? Or do I have to have had a successful boot first?

If Verbose mode IS possible, is the Mac 'Command' key equivalent to the Windows 'Ctrl' key? (Or would it be either, 'Alt', 'Fn', or the 'Windows' key?)

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

For Verbose mode just press the SpaceBar when at the Clover menu and from the pull-down menu select the verbose option. Then scroll down to Return and you're back at the Clover drive menu :thumbup:

Hi there,

For Verbose mode just press the SpaceBar when at the Clover menu and from the pull-down menu select the verbose option. Then scroll down to Return and you're back at the Clover drive menu :thumbup:

Thank you so much!

I turned on Verbose mode as explained :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back