Dell Inc. 0Y47PX - UEFI/A20 - Clover UEFI
CPU
Intel Core i7 3540M
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello,

It's my first time trying to make a Windows machine use MacOS.

I'm trying to install Catalina on my Dell latitude E6230. I'm using the Tonymac guide:

I get up to Step 4, number 4 fine but then...

It gets to 100% on the Apple logo screen then hangs. I left it for 24 hours. Rebooted and tried again. Left for an hour. Same thing, 100% then hangs.

I never make it to Step 4, number 5, 'choose a language'.

My BIOS version is A20, from 28 Nov, 2019.

I noticed in another thread that Pastrychef asked for images from it in Verbose mode.

Is Verbose Mode possible for a fresh install? Or do I have to have had a successful boot first?

If Verbose mode IS possible, is the Mac 'Command' key equivalent to the Windows 'Ctrl' key? (Or would it be either, 'Alt', 'Fn', or the 'Windows' key?)

Thanks in advance!

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello,

It's my first time trying to make a Windows machine use MacOS.

I'm trying to install Catalina on my Dell latitude E6230. I'm using the Tonymac guide:

I get up to Step 4, number 4 fine but then...

It gets to 100% on the Apple logo screen then hangs. I left it for 24 hours. Rebooted and tried again. Left for an hour. Same thing, 100% then hangs.

I never make it to Step 4, number 5, 'choose a language'.

My BIOS version is A20, from 28 Nov, 2019.

I noticed in another thread that Pastrychef asked for images from it in Verbose mode.

Is Verbose Mode possible for a fresh install? Or do I have to have had a successful boot first?

If Verbose mode IS possible, is the Mac 'Command' key equivalent to the Windows 'Ctrl' key? (Or would it be either, 'Alt', 'Fn', or the 'Windows' key?)

Thanks in advance!
Hi there,

For Verbose mode just press the SpaceBar when at the Clover menu and from the pull-down menu select the verbose option. Then scroll down to Return and you're back at the Clover drive menu :thumbup:

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i7 3540M
Graphics
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi there,

For Verbose mode just press the SpaceBar when at the Clover menu and from the pull-down menu select the verbose option. Then scroll down to Return and you're back at the Clover drive menu :thumbup:
Thank you so much!

I turned on Verbose mode as explained :)

Motherboard
Asus X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
2 x AMD Frontier 16GB
Hi, I'm curious, is it still possible to run Catalina on a laptop that uses nVidia GPU's? Let me know thank you.

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i7 3540M
Graphics
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi, I'm curious, is it still possible to run Catalina on a laptop that uses nVidia GPU's? Let me know thank you.
Hi FunkyStank,

I'm not sure, but maybe post that question as a thread? It might get lost here under a "Verbose Mode how-to" question.

Best wishes!

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
no, as not supported, and your post here is off topic