Contribute
Register

Can I create a copy of all my data of MacBookPro with Time Machine and install it on the hackintosh Dell Latitude E7470 i5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Latitude E7470
CPU
i5 << need full model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 520
Hello everyone, thanks for helping those who need a guide. I just bought a Dell Latitude E7470 i5 and also a 2TB WD Blue SSD. I have read that the E7470 is fully compatible with hackintosh and that everything works... I hope so.

I also have a 2010 MacBook pro. The screen doesn't work, I haven't used it since 2017 (its operating system is Sierra) but its hard drive I think is still working, and has a lot of my work and data.

My question is: Can I create a copy of all my data of MacBookPro with Time Machine and after install it on the hackintosh Dell Latitude E7470 i5? Is that possible?

And if that was possible, could I then upgrade to a newer OS while keeping my data? (how it's done on original Macs).

Thaks for all!! You are superheroes without a cape.

Assuming you have a working EFI for your laptop, there's no reason restoring from Time Machine won't work.

1. Install macOS.
  2. When installation is complete, choose Migrate from Time Machine.
  3. After booting in to macOS, copy your working EFI to the EFI partition of your primary system drive.

Whether or not you can upgrade macOS versions depends the hardware of the E7470. If the CPU and GPU are supported, then you should not have any problems upgrading.

Assuming you have a working EFI for your laptop, there's no reason restoring from Time Machine won't work.

1. Install macOS.
  2. When installation is complete, choose Migrate from Time Machine.
  3. After booting in to macOS, copy your working EFI to the EFI partition of your primary system drive.

Whether or not you can upgrade macOS versions depends the hardware of the E7470. If the CPU and GPU are supported, then you should not have any problems upgradin
Thank you! So, a custom hackintosh, with different software installed and audiovisual and text files... can it be upgraded to another OS version keeping all the data? Same as a genuine Mac? Somebody made it?

Thank you! So, a custom hackintosh, with different software installed and audiovisual and text files... can it be upgraded to another OS version keeping all the data? Same as a genuine Mac? Somebody made it?

If you kept all your hackintosh related kexts contained in your bootloader, yes.

If you installed your hackintosh related kexts in /Library/Extensions/ and/or /System/Library/Extensions/, you will have problems.

Any tutorial or similar? I don't have any idea
If you kept all your hackintosh related kexts contained in your bootloader, yes.

If you installed your hackintosh related kexts in /Library/Extensions/ and/or /System/Library/Extensions/, you will have problems.
Any tutorial, post, article or similar? I don't have any idea for use these

Any tutorial or similar? I don't have any idea

Any tutorial, post, article or similar? I don't have any idea for use these

Look for a guide for your E7470. Modern hackintoshing techniques will have all hackintosh related kexts contained within the EFI. /Library/Extensions/ and /System/Library/Extensions/ hasn't been used in quite a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back