Contribute
Register

Can i create a clover bootload (no install) from windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X58A-UD3R
CPU
i7-950 3.06Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC
Hey guys, so i re set up one of my hard drives with windows 10 today, i swore i removed the harddrive with my mac instlall on it with the legacy boot which had the EFI parition on it.
However now when i select both drives from bios to start up even the mac drive runs a windows logo and them stops. My guess is i have messed up the bootloader some how.
With no way of booting back into my Mac hdd is there anyway that i can create a clover USB stick (from windows) to get it up an running again?
Thanks,
Sean

Hey guys, so i re set up one of my hard drives with windows 10 today, i swore i removed the harddrive with my mac instlall on it with the legacy boot which had the EFI parition on it.
However now when i select both drives from bios to start up even the mac drive runs a windows logo and them stops. My guess is i have messed up the bootloader some how.
With no way of booting back into my Mac hdd is there anyway that i can create a clover USB stick (from windows) to get it up an running again?
Thanks,
Sean
no, you need a mac or working hack to create the usb installer

no, you need a mac or working hack to create the usb installer
Damn that sux :( so there is no way i couldnt even mount the for that drive while in winddows to take a look at the files?

Damn that sux :( so there is no way i couldnt even mount the for that drive while in winddows to take a look at the files?
there is a software called paragon for windows that can read mac partitioned hard drives

it has also been known to ruin them as well though

try unplugging all your drives and leave just your mac hard drive plugged in and see what happens

It is possible to burn a Clover CD to boot from.

Would if be possible to be able to mount just the EFI paritiion from the Mac drive in window, that way im only messing with the boot files and not corurpting the whole dick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back