Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Graphics
iAMD
I've always heard of hackintosh desktops but never had the chance to try it as I've always had Macs at home and Linux at work and I was fine with it. Due to covid I started working 24/7 with Macs and I found my productivity. I thought I needed linux again and so, I built a Linux machine, but I realized that I just want to stay with Mac all the way so, I thought about turning my linux machine in a hackintosh but I have no idea if it is supported.

These are my hardware specifications:

CPU AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Memory G.Skill Aegis 16 GB DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage Kingston A2000 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Case Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini ITX Tower Case
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Most importantly, would like to know if these features would be supported:
- wifi/bluetooth
- hdmi connection to external monitor
- audio in/out

If yes, what is the guide I should follow for Catalina or Big Sur?

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to be part of the community

I've always heard of hackintosh desktops but never had the chance to try it as I've always had Macs at home and Linux at work and I was fine with it. Due to covid I started working 24/7 with Macs and I found my productivity. I thought I needed linux again and so, I built a Linux machine, but I realized that I just want to stay with Mac all the way so, I thought about turning my linux machine in a hackintosh but I have no idea if it is supported.

Power Supply Corsair CXM 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

- wifi/bluetooth
- audio in/out

The CPU integrated graphics is not supported, so you can't turn this machine into a hackintosh as it is.

Most likely WiFi / Bluetooth won't be supported also as real Macs only use some specific WiFi chipsets (Broadcom I believe), and those on your motherboard won't work.

It might be possible if you get a supported graphics card such as a RX 5000 series card, but as you know there is basically no stock and prices are rising everywhere when there is stock.

- wifi/bluetooth
- audio in/out

You can get it to work but you will eventually need a graphics card. The Vesa drivers should allow you to use MacOS but it is a bit sluggish and demanding apps will crash. A used R9 270-280 may be a good option or a Nvidia gt710 DDR3 model.
Intel experimental drivers are making progress, the ITWB.kext was working for me. It is experimental but has been updated for better support. You can also replace the wifi module on the motherboard.

I have a system with a 2400G and also a 3000G they work ok in MacOS.

Attached is an EFI Folder. It should work but you will need Add new Serials and UUID numbers.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 6.42.51 PM.png

Start by opening the config.plist with Open Core Configurator. Use the arrows at the bottom of the screen and select the iMacPro1,1 simbios. Next use the "Generate" tabs and hit them a few times to create new IDs.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 6.45.11 PM.png

Follow one of the normal guide and create your USB installer and then replace the EFi with this one.

Attachments

• AMD EFI XXX.zip
    14.4 MB · Views: 220
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back