Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97N-Wifi
CPU
Core i5 4590
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1060 / Intel 4600HD
Can a SSD I format as GPT at Mac Install (Say I partition it in to 2 partitions using Disk Utility, one Journal Extended and one MS-DOS) be used to dual boot with Windows? Like will the Windows installer recognize it/will I be able to install Windows right on that partition? Or will it only work with MBR?

I'm using UEFI, NOT legacy. (Thank you!)

Can a SSD I format as GPT at Mac Install (Say I partition it in to 2 partitions using Disk Utility, one Journal Extended and one MS-DOS) be used to dual boot with Windows? Like will the Windows installer recognize it/will I be able to install Windows right on that partition? Or will it only work with MBR?

If the whole disk is GPT then the Windows install will need to be UEFI installed. You will also need to use Clover UEFI as the boot loader.

Do not format the Windows partition MS-DOS. This creates a hybrid EFI/MBR partition and Windows will not install UEFI. Instead create your partition and format it as if for OS X.
Select the partition in the Windows installer, click on advanced button, click on format button to fromat it NTFS, click on continue and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back