Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. Yesterday I installed OS X El Capitan using Clover UEFI on a separate SSD from the one that has my Windows 10. Now both are UEFI and after messing with Clover a little bit I finally managed to boot Windows 10 from Clover. The problem is that somehow I lost the ability to boot Windows directly from its own SSD. When I press F8 to choose my boot device I get three options:

UEFI OS (from OS X drive with Clover) and two instances of Windows Boot Manager (both from the other drive with Windows)

UEFI OS boots into Clover of course where I can choose between OS X and Windows with no problem. But then, if I choose the first instance of Windows Boot Manager I get the blue screen saying there´s a problem with EFI and gives me the option of quitting, try again or go to UEFI firmware settings. I guess this is the one that booted into Windows before I installed OS X. The third option is kind of weird since sometimes takes me into Clover and sometimes it just freezes or takes me to the UEFI settings.

I guess my first question would be if there's a preferred method of configuring UEFI dual-boot without too much hassle. My second question would be if it's normal to lose the ability to UEFI boot from the Windows drive directly when configuring Clover to boot Windows. And if it's not then how could I fix it. I would like to have this option in case something happens to the Clover bootloader so I can still boot into Windows from the SSD.

I would suggest booting to your Windows 10 via clover, then use EasyUEFI software to re-add your Windows SSD UEFI. You may also want to remove the other instances of Windows 10 UEFI to avoid the confusion. Just make sure to get the GUID of the Windows SSD via Clover. The File Path to use in EasyUEFI should look like this: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back