Contribute
Register

Can Dell Optiplex 390 install mac os x mountain lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 390
CPU
Intel Core i3-2120
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GT 520
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,I Have Dell Optiplex 390 cpu, for wifi i have TL-WN722N wireless router, Nvidia Geforce GT 520 GPU.It is enough to install the mac os x mountain lion as Hackintosh, i'm thinking to install ML on my PCplease help me

I realize this is a day late and a dollar short, but I finally figured out the No AHCI cure. It should work with any Mac theoretically. It worked for me on my Optiplex 390. (See attached)

INSTRUCTIONS FOR NO AHCI FIX:

1. Install all Kexts to System/Library/Extensions of your UNIBEAST or OTHER INSTALL USB using Kext Wizard (HDD should now be available in the OS X installer)

2. Install OS X to the desired HDD

3. Connect HDD that contains newly installed OS X partition to anther working Mac or Hackintosh computer.

3. Boot into working Mac operating system

4. Install all Kexts to System/Library/Extensions of the HDD you recently installed OS X on using Kext Wizard

5. Reconnect your HDD to the computer that has no AHCI support and boot to your original UNIBEAST or OTHER installer and select the HDD that has the newly installed Kexts using a MINIMUM of boot flags: -v -f

NOTE: For Dell Optiplex with Radeon HD6450 use GraphicsEnabler=No

ATA / SATA drivers should now be available to boot.

Attachments

• No AHCI fix.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,440
Hey!

I just saw an old post from you regarding the Dell Optiplex 390. I have a computer like that, only with a GeForce GT 720 GPU instead, but that shouldn't be a problem.
Anyway... My question is, if you have a guide for creating a hackintosh from this computer. The guide should include, well.... a guide for the installation, the boot flags you've used, and the AHCI fix maybe. I hope to hear from you!

-andreasbund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back