Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can celeron n4000 hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not so true... I have made several hackintosh with Celeron's processors, most of them with the intel graphics working...
Can you please make examples which Celerons and what config (plist, kext's, fake ID's) you used ?

Hallo, I am new here. I have a similar problem: I'd like to install mac osx (more recent than high sierra) on a very mini mini pc.
It's sick pc with:
CPU: Intel Celeron Gemini Lake n4100
GPU: Intel UHD 600
RAM: 4Gb

I have read the whole thread and I understood that in theory it would not succeed but I also saw that I would not be the first to succeed in the enterprise.
Can you give me some suggestions? Thanks

Can you give me some suggestions?
Yes, if your time is valuable get a core i3 system with supported graphics and have success. If you've got a lot of free time to devote to attempting to get an unsupported celeron to work, that's up to you. It may work somewhat, it may not but you can find out for yourself.

I have 45 days at my disposal to devote myself to the operation but I don't think I'm experienced enough to succeed without help. But if I succeed in the attempt, the mini pc becomes mine! :)
I'm not expert in plist, kext's, fake ID's... I don't know where and how to intervene

I have 45 days at my disposal to devote myself to the operation but I don't think I'm experienced enough to succeed without help. But if I succeed in the attempt, the mini pc becomes mine! :)
I'm not expert in plist, kext's, fake ID's... I don't know where and how to intervene
You can try with this, you may opt may not have to deactivate some of the patches.
Pentium/Celeron Open Core desktop Guide

Ok, thanks, as soon as my poor connection will allow me to download an uncorrupted ISO from the apple site, I'll try my hand
You can try with this, you may opt may not have to deactivate some of the patches.
Pentium/Celeron Open Core desktop Guide
Ok, thanks, as soon as my poor connection will allow me to download an uncorrupted ISO from the apple site, I'll try my hand

Because there is no support in the OS for Celeron processors, Apple do not use them.
Celeron integrated graphics are also unsupported.
Well, Apple also doesn't use Ryzen CPU's, but you can Hackintosh them.

Well, Apple also doesn't use Ryzen CPU's, but you can Hackintosh them.
Celeron processors can be faked as well as an AMD CPU

it is the graphics that can't be

Celeron processors can be faked as well as an AMD CPU

it is the graphics that can't be
Pretty sure it is not done just by faking. Ryzen is different that intel. And macOS was designed to run only on mainstream Intel CPUs. The work hackintoshers did was outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back