Contribute
Register

Can anyone recommend a good 512 GB SSD ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
I7-2600
Graphics
Nvidia GT 210
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

Looking for a internal SSD drive for in my HT.
Things that i want badly:

- 512 GB.
- Fast
- Reliable
- Trim support.
- Working without hassle in my HT, under mountain lion.
- Price is not an issue.

Can anyone give me please some recommendations ?

Thx in advance !

I personally have a Samsung 830, and it is absolutely fabulous for me. As for reliability, from what I hear the 830s are great in that regard.

Edit: I'm not sure if you already know about this, but you may want to look into this as well: http://digitaldj.net/2011/07/21/trim-enabler-for-lion/

I read somewhere that you can't update the firmware of the samsung ssd's under OSX,but only under windows.
How did you experience that ?
Or didn't you do a firmware upgrade when bought ?
Did you format the disk with diskutility succesful ??

Best.

The Samsung 830 and the Crucial M4 are both great.

The Samsung 839 and the Crucial M4 are both great.

Albert & vanhaze

To the above you can add the Crucial V4 series as well - only diff is that the V4 is designed for Sata Ports that are only Sata 2 speed and as most of the hack installs don't use Sata3 ports for booting and most of the current motherboards we use are only Sata 2 for the boot borts we use - this makes the for ths best price / performance

Albert & vanhaze

To the above you can add the Crucial V4 series as well - only diff is that the V4 is designed for Sata Ports that are only Sata 2 speed and as most of the hack installs don't use Sata3 ports for booting and most of the current motherboards we use are only Sata 2 for the boot borts we use - this makes the for ths best price / performance

I don't recommend the V4 because it is SATA 2. All recent hackintoshes built in the last few years do have SATA 3. It's defiantly worth the money to get a SATA 3 SSD as long as your computer supports it. Don't buy a V4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back