Motherboard
ASUS P5P41TD
CPU
Q9400
Graphics
RX 580
sierra.jpeg

hi
my graphic is gigabyte rx580 8gig gaming and i cant make it work (just use 4mg :|)
i used WEG & Lilu but still nothing
i also used inject ati ..... same :(
can any one guide me?
i attach my clover conf & screenshot of my system
thanx

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 41
  • sierra.jpeg
    sierra.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 62
View attachment 448828
hi
my graphic is gigabyte rx580 8gig gaming and i cant make it work (just use 4mg :|)
i used WEG & Lilu but still nothing
i also used inject ati ..... same :(
can any one guide me?
i attach my clover conf & screenshot of my system
thanx

Inject ATI is not necessary for the RX 580.

RX 580 is only supported starting with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, and also requires Lilu and WhateverGreen to work on Sierra.

So, the first thing you need to do is to update to MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 (and also the most recent Security Update if possible).

RX 580 is only supported starting with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, and also requires Lilu and WhateverGreen to work on Sierra.

So, the first thing you need to do is to update to MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 (and also the most recent Security Update if possible).

thank you "Jamesbond007"
well i will install update and reply the Result :)

i install combo update & i get the same result when i try to boot from high sierra , mojave and catalina : BLACKSCREEN
in hdmi port : black
in dvi port : glitch & black
what should i do?

i install combo update & i get the same result when i try to boot from high sierra , mojave and catalina : BLACKSCREEN
in hdmi port : black
in dvi port : glitch & black
what should i do?

I seem to have missed something.

You are using a G41 motherboard and a Q9400 CPU right? If so, what you experienced in Mojave and Catalina is normal. The problem is, your CPU lacks the necessary SSE4.2 instructions which is required for the AMD graphics drivers in Mojave and Catalina. You are not going to be able to use the RX 580 in either Mojave or Catalina. I am not sure if this restriction also applies to Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra.

If you want to run MacOS on your (old) system, I would suggest you try to find a (second hand) old Nvidia card like the GTX 760, which should allow you to run MacOS on your system (including Mojave and maybe Catalina). You will need to remove the RX 580 graphics card from your system.

The RX 580 can be used with a more recent compatible system to run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.

Last edited:
I seem to have missed something.

You are using a G41 motherboard and a Q9400 CPU right? If so, what you experienced in Mojave and Catalina is normal. The problem is, your CPU lacks the necessary SSE4.2 instructions which is required for the AMD graphics drivers in Mojave and Catalina. You are not going to be able to use the RX 580 in either Mojave or Catalina. I am not sure if this restriction also applies to Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra.

If you want to run MacOS on your (old) system, I would suggest you try to find a (second hand) old Nvidia card like the GTX 760, which should allow you to run MacOS on your system (including Mojave and maybe Catalina). You will need to remove the RX 580 graphics card from your system.

The RX 580 can be used with a more recent compatible system to run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.

so the problem is cpu
thank you Jamesbond007 for reply you saved my time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back