Contribute
Register

Can Anyone get the apple to ethernet adapter working in Big Sur for AVB Audio to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can Anyone get the apple to ethernet adapter working in Big Sur for AVB Audio to work?

I have a avb audio card that works flawlessly on my 390 designers mobo in catalina

per this thread the ethernet adapter does not show up in Big Sur on a hackintosh but does work just fine on a real mac in Big Sur.

The is above my tech level and im not sure apple is doing this on purpose. Im 100 percent sure my audio card will work if I can get the apple to ethernet driver working in hackintosh

OK, apparently I didn't read up. I was able to establish AVB on a MacBook Pro on Big Sur, but apparently my Dawkins has no hw support for thunderbolt, nor proxy-ish approaches.

I had the same issue with the Thunderbolt-Monitor-Ethernet. The problem was, that I had VT-d disabled, because FakeSMC.kext panics with VT-d enabled. Now I'm switched back to VirtualSMC and activated VT-d and voilà... Thunderbolt-Ethernet is working. The hint was this post. But you have to read further, because unable VT-d (AppleVTD) has some side effects.

Thanks atl285,​

VT-d=on did load my TB Ethernet drive!!!​

BUT it unload the itlwm.kext.
Is there a way to load both?

Whats the name of the AVB audio card?

Whats the name of the AVB audio card?
I have a Avid Pro Carbon and I'm having a similar issue. I have vt-d enable and it recognizes the apple ethernet adapter using tb3 to tb2 to ethernet adapter, also got wifi/bluetooth working. but a few seconds later the carbon disappear from audio midi/network devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back