Not open for further replies.
hi, would you tell me how do that?

@oldman20,

You can also use Hackintool ....

Screenshot 2019-10-04 at 17.31.30.png

Cheers
Jay

Hackintool can do this via the GUI, or you can do so in Terminal with:
oh no, i mean GUI, not terminal like you told, bro!
ah ha, yes, thanks, hackintool, i misunderstood is hackintosh :)

but wait, necessary repeat after reboot, bro?

@oldman20,

Yes .... MacOS automatically re-enables Gate Keeper and reflags system drive as Read Only on next reboot.
Regardless of which method you use ...

Cheers
Jay

@oldman20,

Yes .... MacOS automatically re-enables Gate Keeper and reflags system drive as Read Only on next reboot.
Regardless of which method you use ...

Cheers
Jay
So if i have config.plist with disable Gate Keeper, it's can be stop or not?

So if i have config.plist with disable Gate Keeper, it's can be stop or not?

@oldman20,

Its best to leave Gate Keeper enabled and the System Drive flagged as Read Only, Apple implemented these changes in Catalina to make the system much more secure. You should only need to disable Gate Keeper and flag the System Drive as Read/Write when you want to install kexts in to /L/E or copy/modify a file into to MacOS System partition.

Cheers
Jay

This is getting really spooky... on one of the oldest hacintosh sites apparently there is no one in contact with the developers of the most important piece of software we all need for a Hacintosh? Everybody "assumes" something or simply makes a brave tryout for some software on some new web location?

The new github page confirms the bad reputation this guy has for documenting his software. There is no Readme, no change logs, no wikis.. simply some code... I would be crazy to update my working clover to something like this!

This is getting really spooky... on one of the oldest hacintosh sites apparently there is no one in contact with the developers of the most important piece of software we all need for a Hacintosh? Everybody "assumes" something or simply makes a brave tryout for some software on some new web location?

The new github page confirms the bad reputation this guy has for documenting his software. There is no Readme, no change logs, no wikis.. simply some code... I would be crazy to update my working clover to something like this!

That's the one of the reasons why I switched to OpenCore as their team is transparent with good documentations, change logs, etc. and their codes are open source for anyone to read, inspect and update. Clover used to be closed source but now it is open.

Last edited:
Ah thanks! Did not not about this latest kid on the block ;) Will take a look...

(BTW: maybe thats new but with Clover now on Github I can spot some source code...?)

Ah thanks! Did not not about this latest kid on the block ;) Will take a look...

(BTW: maybe thats new but with Clover now on Github I can spot some source code...?)

It's open now. It wasn't open before they switched to GitHub. I remember few years ago the developer inserted some holiday surprises in Clover and many people didn't like that. Many thought what else did the developer put in the code since the code was not open for anyone to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back