Motherboard
ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS
CPU
Dual E5-2680 v1
Graphics
GTX660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to get an Asus Z10PE-D8 WS to accept OS X Sierra and have run into a problem ...

The CPU's are simple E5-2603v4 1.7Ghz and no HyperThreading or Tubro (thought i would have issues with PM so went for a basic CPU)

If i go with AICPM i get KP which is not surprising - Clover force CPU Support does not help here with AICPM, but without forcing the CPU Support my board hangs after NVRam allocation

So ... I thought I would try to do NullPM which then says there are problems with the FakeSMC Cpu Sensors being unrecognised, and causes a KP - I went looking in the .plist to see if i could see anything obvious to change (no such luck) but did see you have taken over the FakeSMC stuff. Do you have any ideas that might get me running ?

I have tried placing all FakeSMC associated kexts in kexts/other on clover, still no change, still KP's

Martin

Try using just FakeSMC by itself without the sensor package or hardware monitor.

Try using just FakeSMC by itself without the sensor package or hardware monitor.

Yeah that's how it was before I added the sensors - Same panic with or without :/

Martin

But *which* FakeSMC? There are forks and different versions.

But *which* FakeSMC? There are forks and different versions.

I guess you didn't read the full post ? I looked in the .plist file and it's a RehabMan version/branch that was downloaded from the downloads section here.

Martin

I guess you didn't read the full post ? I looked in the .plist file and it's a RehabMan version/branch that was downloaded from the downloads section here.

Martin

The sensors used to come included in the FakeSMC.kext but now you have the option to install them or not :
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads

I like the Monity app from the App Store - It is not free but reasonably priced :
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/monity/id915542151?mt=12

Last edited:
The sensors used to come included in the FakeSMC.kext but now you have the option to install them or not :
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads

I like the Monity app from the App Store - It is not free but reasonably priced :
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/monity/id915542151?mt=12

I think i have figured this out, it don't get me any further with installing though - lol

NullCPM gives Unsupported CPU error (I don't know how to fix this)
Asus AICPM clover fix was still assigned which is what gives the Unknown CPU Sensors error (might be a false positive)

I knew that the FakeSMC sensors were separates now, that's why i tried the CPU Sensors when FakeSMC panicked with Asus AICPM Clover fix

Will look at Monity now - thanks

Martin

** Edit **
Monity looks like a much better idea for monitoring so if I get this board to work will definitely purchase that

Last edited:

Martin

I'm honestly not under the impression "Calling Rehabman" meaning "running Rehabman version". It's just you.

I am trying to get an Asus Z10PE-D8 WS to accept OS X Sierra and have run into a problem ...

The CPU's are simple E5-2603v4 1.7Ghz and no HyperThreading or Tubro (thought i would have issues with PM so went for a basic CPU)

If i go with AICPM i get KP which is not surprising - Clover force CPU Support does not help here with AICPM, but without forcing the CPU Support my board hangs after NVRam allocation

So ... I thought I would try to do NullPM which then says there are problems with the FakeSMC Cpu Sensors being unrecognised, and causes a KP - I went looking in the .plist to see if i could see anything obvious to change (no such luck) but did see you have taken over the FakeSMC stuff. Do you have any ideas that might get me running ?

I have tried placing all FakeSMC associated kexts in kexts/other on clover, still no change, still KP's

Martin

Says where you're running Rehabman branch? Please enlighten.

It's in the FakeSMC CPU Sensors provided here. The source code string in the plist says it's RehabMans, the copyright notice is a persons name, since i don't know RehabMan's real name I don't know if the full sensors code is his or not :/

Attachments

• FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back