Contribute
Register

Calling Early Ivy Bridge Pioneers - Share Your Experiences!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else having trouble with intelcpupowermanagement.kext on boot and it causing a kernel panic? i got around it by loading up the terminal on the usb installer and putting nullcpupowermanagement.kext in the extensions folder but upon reset it just kernel panic'd again for lack of intelcpupowermanagement.

i've installed bridgehelper and no go..

edit- crap, i might've been using bh 4.0.1 and not the latest. i shall report back with my findings

yep that fixed it. i'm dumb. haha. installing my audio and video kexts now.

dokujaryu said:
One of the network ports is Intel and the other is Atheros. I think you need to install both hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet and maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet from MultiBeast.

Nope, that didn't work. Will wait for the full 'tonymacx86' support for this one... :D

You need to enable Intel Virtualization Technology and possibly VT-d in the BIOS under BIOS Features.

Yessss... that did it.

See screenshot for fellow-builders.

Now that I think about it, you probably did exactly the same thing I did. I have two m4 256GBs coming into this machine later after I can prove its stable. I'm going to leave the HDD that is in it where it is, so I plugged it into one of the SATA II ports instead of SATA III so that my 6GBPS ports are still open. I think the machine thinks these are "extra" or maybe external.

Check your System Information and see if your SATA drive is plugged into the 3rd "Intel 7 Series Chipset" under the Serial-ATA list. It will also show a Link Speed of 3 Gigabit.

No, didn't work either. Tried them all actually. The second disk still is an ejectable disk.

Attachments

• WP_000015.jpg
    WP_000015.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 253
Yeah I am going to raise the white flag until Mountain Lion comes out. My Intel board seems to be throwing a number of problems at me, and in looking at the chipsets, most everything on my board should work compared to the chipsets of the Gigabyte Z77 boards, but after four days of plugging away non stop and hitting roadblocks at the same point, I will wait until everything is natively supported through Mountain lion and then just patch the specific items one by one. Really enjoying reading this board, and glad everyone else is having better luck. I knew I was gonna be in for a bit of a ride with a non Gigabyte board, but patience is a virtue. Still have my current Hackintosh working like a champ, so no big rush on my part.

finalcut62 said:
Nope, that didn't work. Will wait for the full 'tonymacx86' support for this one... :D

Yeah, initially my top network port didn't work, so I just plugged it into the bottom. I haven't tested the top one since installing the Intel kext.

No, didn't work either. Tried them all actually. The second disk still is an ejectable disk.

Yeah, now that I have my SSD in, I've got the same problem. Plus all the icons for the hard drives are wrong. They are all the yellow external drive ones instead of the grey disk hard drive icon. Even the main SSD.

Edit:

Looking at Disk utility it is showing my internal SSD as an external drive.

Attachments

• ssdisexternal.tiff
    37.5 KB · Views: 259
My first build:
GA-Z77-DS3H (F6)
Corsair Vengeance 4Gb @ 1600Mhz * 2
Intel i5-3570K
No graphics card, just Intel HD4000, so no QE/CI yet...but hopefully with ML!

Everything works following tonymac's guide. No problems with iCloud, ethernet, audio, or KP's.

My only complaint is that when I sleep, all of my fans stay on and do not go off. Any suggestions?

dabrain13 said:
My first build:
GA-Z77-DS3H (F6)
Corsair Vengeance 4Gb @ 1600Mhz * 2
Intel i5-3570K
No graphics card, just Intel HD4000, so no QE/CI yet...but hopefully with ML!

Everything works following tonymac's guide. No problems with iCloud, ethernet, audio, or KP's.

My only complaint is that when I sleep, all of my fans stay on and do not go off. Any suggestions?

Howabout iTunes match? I have your same setup and I can't get iTunes to authorize the machine.

dokujaryu said:
finalcut62 said:
I have my GA-Z77X-UD5H/i7-3770K/HD6870 working quite nicely although initially I made the same mistake that apparently many are making: not starting off with a 10.7.4 OSX install. Besides that, very smooth install. Every once in a while the system will crash though (screen black, processor fan spinning at max speed) and it will require reboot

Not working: USB 3.0 and one of the ethernet ports. Doesn't bother me.

One issue I haven't solved: VMWare Fusion is giving me trouble. It says: "Software virtualization is incompatible with long mode on this platform". Must be some BIOS setting, I guess and will be looking into it. Was actually really curious as to what the Win7 performance of this system would be...

One of the network ports is Intel and the other is Atheros. I think you need to install both hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet and maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet from MultiBeast.

You need to enable Intel Virtualization Technology and possibly VT-d in the BIOS under BIOS Features.
Turning on those options in the BIOS solved the issue for me.

Tiny tip for those wanting to update/downgrade the BIOS on their GA boards: you don't have to run Windows to extract the exe-file you have downloaded. Just right/option click the file and open it with your regular Stuffit or Archiving utility. It will extract just fine.

hornslee said:
sky said:
hornslee said:
* My Bur-Ray combo drive acted very weird. normally it is working but almost randomly,the system pop-up a windows and ask there is new blank disk has been insert the drive. then I lost the control of my optical drive until next reboot.
* Since the patched kernal has been used, there is no iCloud and iMessage for me. for next generation of OS X, iCloud plays a very important role. I think all the Hacintosh users will appreciate if this issue can be fixed.

Not sure that which way should I to upgrade to 10.7.4, or maybe I should wait until full support of Ivy Bridge comes from Mountain Lion.

* I have the same **** with DVD-RW drive :)
* If you'll upgrade to 10.7.4 and Bridge Helper 5.0, you'll get an iCloud working perfectly ;)

thanks, you mean use the official update combo from apple? then install the BridgeHepler 5.0 by booting from UniBeast USB drive?
No problem)
Yes, this way. You may install BH 5 without USB drive, just run it after 10.7.4 combo installed and asked for reboot. Do not reboot, just run BH 5.0 and reboot only after it was installed

dta said:
Hey, this is my current build:

MSI Z77A-G43
Core i7 3770K @ 4,3 Ghz
NVIDIA 8600 GTS
16 GB DDR3-1600 Corsair Vengeance LP
120 GB Sandisk Extreme SSD
2 TB WD Caviar Green

It is running very stable so far ... I am using a modified BIOS to enable SpeedStepping and sleep, no DSDT is being used. I did install using UniBeast and everything else done manually. But it's pretty close to a UserDSDT installation without DSDT. I'm only using Chimera, MacPro 3,1 SMBIOS, FakeSMC, Toleda's patched AppleHDA, HDAEnabler and Lnx2Mac's for Ethernet.

Working:

- Ethernet
- Audio (I am getting some errors in kernel.log but it's working)
- iCloud, iTunes, AppStore
- SpeedStepping

Partially working:

- Sleep (when waking up I get my password prompt but can't do anything except moving my cursor while having the beach ball)
- USB3 (USB3 ports are working but when I plug anything into a USB2 port my system instantly crashes)

I now have USB3 working. Did a complete reinstall using newest version of UniBeast and BridgeHelper according to tony's guides. I also installed the newest BIOS version (2.4) and currently using it without a BIOS mod but with patched AICPUPM from newest MultiBeast. USB3 devices are working in both USB3 and USB2 ports, I checked with Blackmagic Disk Speed Test and they are actually delivering USB3 speeds. USB2 devices are only working in USB2 ports. Geekbench results are now a bit higher too.

Sleep is still not working correctly (shows password prompt when waking up but freezes there or gets massive cpu load).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back