Contribute
Register

Calling Early Ivy Bridge Pioneers - Share Your Experiences!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fsuttile said:
Still no luck with my build, re-downloaded Lion 10.7.4 fresh from the app store, created a new Unibeast USB stick, installed Bridge Helper. Am able to select USB and the Apple logo comes up, but after the logo is on the screen for 1 minute, I get the circle with the line through it.

Intel Core I7-3770S
Intel Mobo DZ77BH-55K
EVGA Nvidia GTX570HD
16 GB 1600Mhz Ram (removed three modules during attempt to bring it down to 4gb)

EDIT - I am a Noob after all, forgot to type graphicsenabler=no at boot screen. At the install screen now.

I'm tearing my hair out, i'm basically getting the exact same error (circle with line through it). I've tried redownloading Lion, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0 etc etc but cannot get it working.

My specs are:

GA-Z77X-UD5H
i5-3550
Nvidia GTX275

Ive tried restoring the unibeast install to the HDD through my macbook and loading it from there and no go. Every other time i've used my 32gb external usb flash drive.

edit - i swapped the sata connectors around and took out the gfx card, seems like its booting up into the installer now. its just not detecting the hdd now

double edit- figured out the hdd part, apparently the sata controller is disabled when using bridgehelper 5, so using 4.0.1 will enable it and allow you to use it on this motherboard. hint for any people using the GA-Z77X-UD5H!

bsodleet said:
figured out the hdd part, apparently the sata controller is disabled when using bridgehelper 5, so using 4.0.1 will enable it and allow you to use it on this motherboard. hint for any people using the GA-Z77X-UD5H!
My last hack is:
z77x ud5h
i7 3770k
HD6870

I had no problem with bridgehelper 5 while installation.
I created my usb stick with unibeast 1.3 and bridgehelper 5.

theandy94 said:
bsodleet said:
figured out the hdd part, apparently the sata controller is disabled when using bridgehelper 5, so using 4.0.1 will enable it and allow you to use it on this motherboard. hint for any people using the GA-Z77X-UD5H!
My last hack is:
z77x ud5h
i7 3770k
HD6870

I had no problem with bridgehelper 5 while installation.
I created my usb stick with unibeast 1.3 and bridgehelper 5.

i just used your method (ub 1.3 and bh 5) and it loads into the installation but again, no sata drives are detected.... in the disk utility, only my usb drive is visible. pretty frustrating.

edit- ah, i was using 10.7. just got 10.7.4 and it seems to be detecting the drives properly now!

RonaldWayne's Build

i5-3570K - GA-Z77Z-UD5H-WB - Asus GeForce 210

See build here
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=64438

Not Working

USB 3.0 ports work but run at 2.0 speeds
Gigabyte WB Wifi Card not recognized (using Ethernet)
Integrated HD4000 (using GeForce 210 instead)
System is very unstable. It crashes randomly all the time.

RonaldWayne said:
RonaldWayne's Build

i5-3570K - GA-Z77Z-UD5H-WB - Asus GeForce 210

See build here
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=64438

Not Working

USB 3.0 ports work but run at 2.0 speeds
Cannot log into App Store says, "Contact Apple service representative, system not verified"
Onboard Bluetooth not discovering trackpad or apple wireless keyboard (however wireless Microsoft Arc Mouse works with the bluetooth wireless dongle plugged into USB)
Gigabyte WB Wifi Card not recognized (using Ethernet)
Integrated HD4000 (using GeForce 210 instead)
System is very unstable. It crashes randomly all the time.

The ud5h boards run without a dsdt ssdt file. I am on mine right now. It has some issues, but no random system crashes...

Just finished initial install following the above guide. Easiest Hackintosh I've done yet.

Hardware:
CPU: Intel i5 3570K
MBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (F4 BIOS)
RAM: G.SKILL 2133 Ripjaws Z
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 5870 1GB

Things that are working:
Speedstep
USB 3.0
Front panel USB 3.0/2.0

Things that aren't working:

Sleep/Wake works, but anything plugged into USB doesn't work on wake. All you have to do is unplug/replug your USB devices for them to start working again. (I had a USB 3.0 thumb drive plugged in during the sleep/wake process: this may have caused the issue.)

I am trying to over clock my processor but Speedstep seems to be taking over or something. Based on my Geekbench results, I'm getting no noticeable performance difference from 3.4 to 4.2 Ghz. Also, sysctl is showing this:
sysctl hw.cpufrequency
hw.cpufrequency: 3401000000

Other than that, it's very snappy! After its all setup properly I'll reinstall with the SSD in the box and hand it over to the wife.

--- Update

I just want to say, it looks like USB 3.0 is working for me. I have a USB 3.0 external hard drive, and I'm getting around 70MB/s on Disk Speed Test from Blackmagic. This seems to be consistent with USB 3.0 speeds of the WD Passport drive. :D This includes my front port USB 3.0 too.

--- Update Update on Overclocking

I used the latest MultiBeast 4.6.1 which seems to have made some changes to power management. Is it possible this change is interfering with my over clocking settings? Should I go back to null?

I have my GA-Z77X-UD5H/i7-3770K/HD6870 working quite nicely although initially I made the same mistake that apparently many are making: not starting off with a 10.7.4 OSX install. Besides that, very smooth install. Every once in a while the system will crash though (screen black, processor fan spinning at max speed) and it will require reboot

Not working: USB 3.0 and one of the ethernet ports. Doesn't bother me.

One issue I haven't solved: VMWare Fusion is giving me trouble. It says: "Software virtualization is incompatible with long mode on this platform". Must be some BIOS setting, I guess and will be looking into it. Was actually really curious as to what the Win7 performance of this system would be...

finalcut62 said:
I have my GA-Z77X-UD5H/i7-3770K/HD6870 working quite nicely although initially I made the same mistake that apparently many are making: not starting off with a 10.7.4 OSX install. Besides that, very smooth install. Every once in a while the system will crash though (screen black, processor fan spinning at max speed) and it will require reboot

Not working: USB 3.0 and one of the ethernet ports. Doesn't bother me.

One issue I haven't solved: VMWare Fusion is giving me trouble. It says: "Software virtualization is incompatible with long mode on this platform". Must be some BIOS setting, I guess and will be looking into it. Was actually really curious as to what the Win7 performance of this system would be...

One of the network ports is Intel and the other is Atheros. I think you need to install both hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet and maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet from MultiBeast.

You need to enable Intel Virtualization Technology and possibly VT-d in the BIOS under BIOS Features.

One of the network ports is Intel and the other is Atheros. I think you need to install both hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet and maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet from MultiBeast.

You need to enable Intel Virtualization Technology and possibly VT-d in the BIOS under BIOS Features.

Thanx... will try tonight. Just one more thing: the systems boots off a Crucial M4 SSD but also contains a second hard disk that holds a lot of data. For some reason, this SATA disk is mounted as ejectable. Again: no biggie, but annoying still. Is this particular to the machine being a Hackintosh or is there something I can do (and mounting the disk over the command line is hardly an option ;-)

Attachments

• eject.jpg
    eject.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 203
finalcut62 said:

Thanx... will try tonight. Just one more thing: the systems boots off a Crucial M4 SSD but also contains a second hard disk that holds a lot of data. For some reason, this SATA disk is mounted as ejectable. Again: no biggie, but annoying still. Is this particular to the machine being a Hackintosh or is there something I can do (and mounting the disk over the command line is hardly an option ;-)

I have only one drive in the machine it it appears to be ejectable too. I think it has something to do with which SATA port you plugged the HDD into.

EDIT:

Now that I think about it, you probably did exactly the same thing I did. I have two m4 256GBs coming into this machine later after I can prove its stable. I'm going to leave the HDD that is in it where it is, so I plugged it into one of the SATA II ports instead of SATA III so that my 6GBPS ports are still open. I think the machine thinks these are "extra" or maybe external.

Check your System Information and see if your SATA drive is plugged into the 3rd "Intel 7 Series Chipset" under the Serial-ATA list. It will also show a Link Speed of 3 Gigabit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back