Contribute
Register

Calling Early Ivy Bridge Pioneers - Share Your Experiences!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi vkfresh

How did you get iCloud working?
I get a communication error when I try to login..
I have installed Lion OS X 10.7.4
In Windows 7 I can login without error.

wimenpiet said:
Hi vkfresh

How did you get iCloud working?
I get a communication error when I try to login..
I have installed Lion OS X 10.7.4
In Windows 7 I can login without error.

It originally did not work for me untill I did a fresh install with a UniBeast 1.3 + BridgeHelper 5.0 installation.

Here is my build + installation process and such
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=63229

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
i7 3770K (Ivy Bridge)
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870
Crucial M4 256GB SSD

Have yet to get sound and waking to work. System now sleeps/wakes and sound is working through orange port on back. Geekbench ~12200 13687 after setting RAM XMP in BIOS changed the speed from 1333 to 1600. Looking forward to putting the system through its paces.

Kinda trying a few things here and there daily, unsuccessfully.

intel i7-3770s processor with an
intel Dz77BH-55K mobo.
16 GB Corsair 1600MHz XMS 3 Ram (4 @ 4GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX570HD 2.5GB GDDR5
Intel SSD 520 Series 60 GB (for OS)
Hitachi Deskstar 2 TB SATA 3 drive for media, etc

I know that Gigabyte seems to be the mobo of choice, but my wife works for intel and got employee pricing discount bargain for the SSD, processor and mobo together. I have been using Unibeast with the bridge helper installed onto an 8 GB USB flash drive, and have gotten to the Apple logo load screen but it either hangs indefinitely or eventually shows a circle with a line through it over the apple logo. Have attempted to pre install Mac OSX using Digital Dreamers Hackinstaller terminal app, but again it just hangs at the apple logo. Ran the Boot Verbose once, and received the message "Intel Thermal unsupported Intel Processor found. KEXT will not load in interface com.apple.kpi Unsupported of _kernel_, couldn't find symbol _pm_init_lock." Never got a successful boot yet, however I am going to attempt bringing the RAM down to 4 GB and try again.

Current running 10.7.4 Hackintosh (running strong for 2 years, Thanks to TonyMac & MacMan)
Intel i7 920
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
PNY Nvidia 9800 GT EE 1024 MB
RAM 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz (2 @ 4GB)

After BH 5.0 my config runs smoother and faster. The only unresolved thing - still no USB 3.0 /(P.S. got working USB 3 by xHCI mode=Enabled in BIOS)

i7-3770K
GA-Z77M-D3H mATX
MSI 440GT

I use silent mode in bios due to lowest noise needs (does it affect CPU PM?). Bios version - F8

To prevent questions about VIA sound - i just disabled it in bios and connected an external sound

Thanks guys a lot for your work!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-24 at 5.51.46.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-06-24 at 5.51.46.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 199
Hello and my only problem so far is that no HDD are detected during part/step 5 - installing part of Tony's guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=59052

My MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LX: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_ ... ifications

I have tried everything:
-AHCI was already set by default on my mobo.
-Plugged my HDD to all SATA ports (2x6GB/s and 4x3GB/s)

Everything else boots up fine (including my windows drive). The OS X installer boots up fine (no errors with no flags at all). It's just no HDD's are detected.

I have the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H and the core i5 3570K,
I had sound work then I installed the DIY wifi card...then my sound doesn't work anymore!
All the front panel USBs doesn't work plug-and-play in OSX
My geekbench score is about 9685...i overclocked to 4.0 ghz and get the score up to 10592

jhuerta1792 said:
Hello and my only problem so far is that no HDD are detected during part/step 5 - installing part of Tony's guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=59052

My MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LX: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_ ... ifications

I have tried everything:
-AHCI was already set by default on my mobo.
-Plugged my HDD to all SATA ports (2x6GB/s and 4x3GB/s)

Everything else boots up fine (including my windows drive). The OS X installer boots up fine (no errors with no flags at all). It's just no HDD's are detected.
So can anyone please help me with this?

I built a hackintosh based on an Asus P8H77-M micro-ATX motherboard and an ivy bridge core i5. I installed directly with a 10.7.4 installer and the modified kernel. No problems at all while installing. Careful however: if you set the SATA ports in the Bios to RAID rather than SATA, the installer will not be able to see your SATA drives.

The "Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA" managed to finally enable all my audio input and outputs. Well done, and thanks to toleda!

I still have problems with my ethernet connection. The Lnx2Mac drivers work but seem to be crashing under sustained load (my network backup fails regularly). The ordinary Realtek ethernet drivers don't work at all.

As many other already observed, the ASUS motherboards need the NullCPUPowerManagement or you get kernel panics at boot.

The BIOS has an issue with recognizing higher speed RAM. I put in 1600 DDR3 but the BIOS keeps recognizing it as 1333 DDR3. Asus seems to be upgrading the BIOS, so far I have done 3 updates.

Thanks everybody for the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back