Contribute
Register

Calling All Diablo III Players - Share Benchmarks/Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!

So I am running MacBook Pro 13" 2011 Winter i5 2,4 Ghz + Kingston Hyper X SSD + 8GB 1333 Ram.

Running around 30 FPS on Low FX 1280x800... Honestly did not try much settings, no chance of playing High and hardly also Mids... Low looks ok tbh. very playable experience ;-)

Screens indicate my settings, and FPS fighting and chilling :)

Any questions?

Attachments

• Mac.png
    Mac.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Sets.png
    Sets.png
    834 KB · Views: 332
  • FPS_Fight.png
    FPS_Fight.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 404
  • FPS_0.png
    FPS_0.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 321
ShamanGreeny said:
Dual boot machine - I just compared my Lion version to the Windows version - and Windows CRUSHES it.

For some reason, the graphics look blurry in Lion and I can't seem to get a decent FPS read. I can't tell if it's that I'm using HDMI as the source in Lion, or if there is a missing setting somewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the issue is.

Advanced Tweak: Disabling Trilinear Filtering[/b]Disabling trilinear filtering can have a huge impact on game performance, but oddly this isn’t included in the general Graphics settings so we’ll have to dig around in the filesystem to do it:
Quit Diablo 3
From the OS X desktop, hit Command+Shift+G and enter the following path:
~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III/
Find and locate the “D3Prefs.txt” file, and open it in TextEdit
Hit Command+F and search for “DisableTrilinearFiltering”, change the setting from “0? to “1?
Save the file and exit out of TextEdit
Relaunch Diablo 3, start a game, and hit Control+R to see the FPS difference

:twisted:

Haven't bought the game yet, though I did try out the Beta the weekend it was released which was fun because I had just finished my build. :headbang: It was running really amazing, all maxed out on everything, I was blown away.

Is the full game worth it?

I'm running GA-Z68XP-UD3R + Xeon E3-1230 + 16GB DDR3 1333 + 6870 1GB @ 2560x1440 + 1920x1200 (I run full screen windowed in the 2560x1440 screen @ 2560x1440), all setting are max, with or without vertical sync looks the same, the FPS shown is between 20-30 FPS.

Then I install Windows 7 on another HDD and run the Windows version on same hardware with 60+ fps and it looks much smoother than on Mac....

meymia said:
ShamanGreeny said:
Dual boot machine - I just compared my Lion version to the Windows version - and Windows CRUSHES it.

For some reason, the graphics look blurry in Lion and I can't seem to get a decent FPS read. I can't tell if it's that I'm using HDMI as the source in Lion, or if there is a missing setting somewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the issue is.

Advanced Tweak: Disabling Trilinear Filtering[/b]Disabling trilinear filtering can have a huge impact on game performance, but oddly this isn’t included in the general Graphics settings so we’ll have to dig around in the filesystem to do it:
Quit Diablo 3
From the OS X desktop, hit Command+Shift+G and enter the following path:
~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III/
Find and locate the “D3Prefs.txt” file, and open it in TextEdit
Hit Command+F and search for “DisableTrilinearFiltering”, change the setting from “0? to “1?
Save the file and exit out of TextEdit
Relaunch Diablo 3, start a game, and hit Control+R to see the FPS difference

Thanks meymia - I should have mentioned I gave this a try, and it actually made it worse. I'm going to try different connections to the monitor to see if HDMI connection is the issue. It appears that many that have posted on this thread have not seen any issues, so it's clearly something on my end.

MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC
- All settings at High except for shadows at Medium
- Anti-aliasing disabled, Max-FPS foreground/ground disabled
- V-sync enabled and running 1920x1080 resolution
- Pretty much always at 60 FPS except for occasional drops to 20-30 FPS range

Overall runs pretty well for a hackintosh.

Core i7-2600k @ 3.4Ghz
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
GTX 285

Playing the game at 1920x1080.

Keep in mind that whatever frame rate you're getting in Act I Normal difficulty will be more than cut in half by the time you're in Act III Hell/inferno difficulty.

I was getting a solid 60fps in Act I Normal. Mid 80's when v-sync was disabled.

In intense battles in Act II-III Hell, my fps dips into the teens. When there are 50 mobs on screen with 3 elite/champions that each have 5 magical properties...the graphics load is a lot more intense.

But the game plays great! I'm tempted to try dual-booting just to see how smooth it can be, but I MUCH prefer spending my time in OS X.

Core i5 2500k
AMD HD6870, 1gb
Gigabyte Z68x-UD3H-B3, F12

Frame rates are perfect (60+), unless my character is moving. The game hangs and stutters... Everything else I've tried works well with this build, Unigine Imagine 3.0 runs full tilt with at least 40fps, TF2 is of course fine, but D3 is... choppy. Bouts of high frame rates cut up by small hangs.

Any suggestions? Very stable build otherwise, but D3 performance is annoying. Installing SC2 currently to compare.

EDIT: Issue resolved! At some point between my initial Geekbench and my play testing, my installation developed the CPU stepping issue addressed elsewhere in the forums. An i5 running at 1.6ghz does not a good experience make.

Thought I'd update here.

So, I sent my previous system off to a friend (the H55 build) because he needed a new computer and he also wanted to play D3. While I was waiting for RAM to show up for the new build (Z68 build) I actually used my Macbook Air 11" for a couple of days. :wave: Was it ideal? Nope. Did it work? Yep. That little sucker powered through, and I was actually impressed that it handled many hour long sessions with no problems.

Now I've finally got my Z68 build up and running and it's obviously a breath of fresh air. Running all of the settings similar to the previous build, and all is going well. The specs can be seen in my sig.

For me, I didn't seem to notice much of a difference for with some of the settings, particularly shadow and clutter density. So, for those, I've turned them to medium. No sense in stressing my system when I don't see any gain.

The vert sync option has been important and really alleviated some of my early on issues.

Still loving the game and having gone through Normal and Nightmare with some friends recently, I'm currently a lvl 55 DH in Act II Hell.

yesturday I was playing Diablo, I played 10 mintues, then suddenly finishede like at 4 Hours. This means that in Diablo, if you start playing its hard to stop. Now yes, It wont be that awsome to Lvl up, but yet, its a good Idea to get ready for the next expansion.In 2012, I start playing a facebook game Botkins Hidden Cove and two new free mmorpg Soul Captor and Waren Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back