1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Diablo-3.jpeg

Calling All Diablo III Players
Share Benchmarks/Experience

I know there have to be a good number of you out there playing this game. I've seen people in the Build Advice sections building computers specifically to run it, so there's got to be even more of you out there.

There are a couple of threads out there about D3, but I wanted to make a more specific thread for people to share their experiences with D3, particularly with regard to how it's running on your hardware.

So I'd like to know:

-What GPU are you using?
-What settings in D3? High? Medium? Low? Anti-Aliasing? Low FX? Vert sync?
-What resolution are you playing at?
-Are any of you monitoring your frames per second? (Ctrl+R in-game; try it!)
-To top it off, how's it running at those settings?

As for my own experience, I've tried it on 2 GPUs.

9800GT
-Left at default settings of High, Medium, High, Medium.
-Playing on my Dell u2410 @ 1920x1200
-Getting a solid 60 FPS. Surprised how well it ran.
-Seemed to run really great, logged about 10 hours at least with it. I occasionally would get a smidge of stutter, where I could see a wave run down the screen, but you had to be looking for it to notice it, and I'm not even sure that's not lag with the game.

GTX 480
-Maxed out settings at High, no AA.
-Playing on my Dell u2410 @ 1920x1200
-Same as above, around 60 FPS. However, the settings were higher. Dropping the settings to the same as above, I was getting 80-100 FPS pretty easily, depending on where I was in the game.
-I literally just swapped the GPU tonight, so I haven't logged a ton of time. However, seemed to run pretty well. I was having a number of issues with skipping, but it seemed pretty clear it was lag from the server.

Interested to hear how it's running for the rest of you and what settings you're running it at. :geek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Calling All Diablo III Players

Just playing some more and messing about with settings. I thought I'd note my findings.

It seems the jittering I'm seeing is related to framerate, and it being too high for my monitor. I've enabled the vertical sync and it's much more fluid and all around better now.

Interesting notes:
-I could definitely hear the difference. With vertical sync unchecked, I heard a chattery electrical noise (similar to a HDD reading/writing), but it seemed to disappear when checked.
-According to my UPS, the computer is using approximately 30w less power with vertical sync checked. :confused:
-Dropping "Clutter Density" from High to Medium correlates to a 10w drop in power consumption as well.

Been playing diablo 3 since launch on my snow leopard hackintosh (you can see my specs under my nick).

And i have to say...my system is more then capable of running the game (its better then the recommended settings by blizzard).

But i keep getting like a sound grinding noise (jittering) all the time (sometimes more sometimes less).

And the game is not as smooth running as i would hope it would be.

Im assuming it has something to do with the fact that im running snow leopard and not lion.
But im kinda scared that upgrading to lion will either mess up my system or delete my stuff (i have some reading to do and dot feel like it).

Hi,
I tested Diablo 3 today in OSX. It runns bretty smooth and I see no difference to Windows. I only had the problem that after sleep my performance was poor but have now solved this by changing the Model to MacPro5,1 from 3,1.
If I have the time, I will post some framerate results.
Hardware:
Graphic: Hd5850 CPU: i5 2500K
All settings high, AA enabled

Edit: I play in resolution 2560 x 1440

daniel

-What GPU are you using?

ATI 5770 1GB

Everything on High + AA

1920x1080

I get 60 fps most of the time. When I start out a new game it lags a little and then it smoothes out. It's a little better with AA turned off. Even at 60fps though the game looks smooth and able to me. I fight large group and sometimes the frame rate drops but I noticed it in the beginning of joining, it tends to smooth out and then I don't have any frame drops, I see it going down to 55 on occasion but it lingers from 55 to 65.

I play on a windows machine with a more updated cpu but the same video card and it's pretty much the same. I somehow like playing on the os x more though. I have no idea why.

meymia said:
Been playing diablo 3 since launch on my snow leopard hackintosh (you can see my specs under my nick).

And i have to say...my system is more then capable of running the game (its better then the recommended settings by blizzard).

But i keep getting like a sound grinding noise (jittering) all the time (sometimes more sometimes less).

And the game is not as smooth running as i would hope it would be.

Im assuming it has something to do with the fact that im running snow leopard and not lion.
But im kinda scared that upgrading to lion will either mess up my system or delete my stuff (i have some reading to do and dot feel like it).

I don't know if you saw my second post, or if it will even help you, but did you try the vertical sync option?

To the others, I'm actually pretty impressed. Seems like some of you are getting great results with even the 5xxx ATI cards, which is impressive.

Dual boot machine - I just compared my Lion version to the Windows version - and Windows CRUSHES it.

For some reason, the graphics look blurry in Lion and I can't seem to get a decent FPS read. I can't tell if it's that I'm using HDMI as the source in Lion, or if there is a missing setting somewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the issue is.

etherealglimpse said:
-What GPU are you using?

ATI 5770 1GB

Everything on High + AA

1920x1080

I get 60 fps most of the time. When I start out a new game it lags a little and then it smoothes out. It's a little better with AA turned off. Even at 60fps though the game looks smooth and able to me. I fight large group and sometimes the frame rate drops but I noticed it in the beginning of joining, it tends to smooth out and then I don't have any frame drops, I see it going down to 55 on occasion but it lingers from 55 to 65.

I play on a windows machine with a more updated cpu but the same video card and it's pretty much the same. I somehow like playing on the os x more though. I have no idea why.

This is pretty much my experience as well, Same video card, all other specs lower

My computer beasts this game on max settings. I'm slightly disappointed I figured it would be more graphically intense after waiting for nearly 5 years for the game. Of course this is a fresh build so.....

Processor 3.53 GHz Intel Core i7 3770k
Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
raphics GeForce GTX 560 1024 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
ocz msata 60gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back