should not be injecting intel:

Code:
<key>Intel</key>
            <true/>

iMac19,2 would be a better choice for your CPU

no files in acpi/patched folder though? may be worth running:
to generate the files

also you will need to do:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...to-usb-port-configuration.286553/post-2029768

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext shouldn't be needed

also no need for 3 ethernet kexts

Thanks Feartech for your advice.

I removed cpus=1 (clover configuration/Boot) and Inject Intel (clover configuration/Graphic).

I tested Calendar with my routine. I got Calendar to use 180%(?) of the CPU and within a minute it had gone back to ‘zero’.

Looked good. Tried a few more times and more demanding tasks with the same success.

I noted though having changed these values the verbose boot text was different. Also the first time it did the boot got to a black screen when I would have expected the apple logo and then did the verbose boot again but with different text. Subsequent boots only did the verbose once and the normal text as had been previously. This is just an observation.

So I tested cpus=1 and Inject Intel separately and found the just deselecting cpus=1 the Calender problem that had been around for years was solved (hopefully for ever).

From my brief reading, cpus=1 is the number of cores used when booting but irrelevant afterwards. Intriguing question is why does it have an effect on Calender hogging the CPU at random? No great moment if there isn’t an answer but just curious.

Thanks again.

Thanks Feartech for your advice.

I removed cpus=1 (clover configuration/Boot) and Inject Intel (clover configuration/Graphic).

I tested Calendar with my routine. I got Calendar to use 180%(?) of the CPU and within a minute it had gone back to ‘zero’.

Looked good. Tried a few more times and more demanding tasks with the same success.

I noted though having changed these values the verbose boot text was different. Also the first time it did the boot got to a black screen when I would have expected the apple logo and then did the verbose boot again but with different text. Subsequent boots only did the verbose once and the normal text as had been previously. This is just an observation.

So I tested cpus=1 and Inject Intel separately and found the just deselecting cpus=1 the Calender problem that had been around for years was solved (hopefully for ever).

From my brief reading, cpus=1 is the number of cores used when booting but irrelevant afterwards. Intriguing question is why does it have an effect on Calender hogging the CPU at random? No great moment if there isn’t an answer but just curious.

Thanks again.
using cpus=1 makes your system very slow, only to be used when booting older systems, not really required nowadays

By de-selecting cpus=1 (config.plist/boot), the Calender no longer hogged 100% of the CPU – YEH!

As Feartech says there were processes that did run a lot faster.

I installed a later version of Clover Configurator so I could get Imac 19,2 but when I selected that in SMBIOS I ended up with only one monitor out normal two working.

As mentioned previously I was getting different shutdown and start-up verbose screens with sometimes pages of errors flashing past.

Other things became evident. I run Carbon Copy Cloner routines every morning and I was finding they were failing and the various passwords needed to be reset. Later I found the CCC password file was being emptied.

When I shutdown the hack I found mostly that instead of shutting down it rebooted itself. I had to go round that loop several times but usually by the third shutdown/reboot it did shut down.

The pages of errors I got (amongst others) contained lines like this:

Bool ATIController::TestVRAM(PCI_REG_INDEX, bool) – FAILED at offset= 0x00212036*,data = 0x00000000

* same and different numbers.

When I selected cpus=1 again everything work just fine except back to Calendar hogging CPU and some slower procedures.

Unfortunately the cure, as tried, was worse than the illness so I am still looking for a solution to solve the calendar problem so would be grateful for further suggestions.

By de-selecting cpus=1 (config.plist/boot), the Calender no longer hogged 100% of the CPU
cpus=1 restricts your 4 core processor to a single core which unsurprisingly has a marked impact on performance.

By de-selecting cpus=1 (config.plist/boot), the Calender no longer hogged 100% of the CPU – YEH!

As Feartech says there were processes that did run a lot faster.

I installed a later version of Clover Configurator so I could get Imac 19,2 but when I selected that in SMBIOS I ended up with only one monitor out normal two working.

As mentioned previously I was getting different shutdown and start-up verbose screens with sometimes pages of errors flashing past.

Other things became evident. I run Carbon Copy Cloner routines every morning and I was finding they were failing and the various passwords needed to be reset. Later I found the CCC password file was being emptied.

When I shutdown the hack I found mostly that instead of shutting down it rebooted itself. I had to go round that loop several times but usually by the third shutdown/reboot it did shut down.

The pages of errors I got (amongst others) contained lines like this:

Bool ATIController::TestVRAM(PCI_REG_INDEX, bool) – FAILED at offset= 0x00212036*,data = 0x00000000

* same and different numbers.

When I selected cpus=1 again everything work just fine except back to Calendar hogging CPU and some slower procedures.

Unfortunately the cure, as tried, was worse than the illness so I am still looking for a solution to solve the calendar problem so would be grateful for further suggestions.
may also be worth checking over:
in regards to "Headless"

This doesn't address the cause of the problem, but is one possible solution. Use Calendar on a different Apple device such as a phone or tablet. Problem solved.

If you no longer want to use an account in any app, including Calendar, you can delete the account.
Note: If you use iCloud Keychain, and you remove an account (other than your primary iCloud account), you’re asked whether to remove the account from your other Mac computers that use iCloud Keychain, or just turn off all the account features on this Mac.
  1. In the Calendar app
    2162f7d3de310d2b3503c0bbebdc3d56.png
    on your Mac, choose Calendar > Accounts, then select the account you want to delete.
  2. Click the Remove button at the bottom of the account list.

Thanks to all who have contributed

Pilgrim: Good that deselecting cpus=1 makes the computer run faster unfortunately I can't live with the consequences. I shall try to put <cpus=2> (3,4?) in boot flags to see if it does anything good

Feartech: I am almost sure I have been through the guide on Lilu and its plug-ins but I will recheck. Thanks.

Trs98: I only use the Calendar on the Hack I have no connection to icloud, no accounts or anything else so only require on hack. It is the only device I have running Mojave except a emergency patched imac.

De-selecting cpus=1 has been the nearest I have got to a solution since the trouble started years ago so unless there is another way round the next ‘solution waiting to be found’ is solving the re-booting when trying to shut-down.

I much appreciate all your time on trying to find a solution. I hope I may be able to contribute to solutions for others in the future in return.

I've (finally) had a look at your Clover EFI folder and can see a number of settings/kexts/drivers etc. that are wrong for H370/Coffee Lake (CFL) system.

I have taken the EFI you provided in post #12 and edited it to what I think would be a better Clover setup for your system.
  • I have changed/deleted some unnecessary drivers and kexts.
  • I have removed a few unnecessary sub-folders and their unused contents.
  • I have added a number of SSDT's, which are common for H370 CFL systems.
    • These were created using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script and your system DSDT.aml.
  • I have added a different Clover Theme, so you know when you are using the revised EFI.
  • I have added a few ACPI Rename Patches to the config.
  • I have edited the boot arguments you were using, as most were not required.
  • I have added the 4 x Mojave USB port limit patches.
  • I have set a number of other entries to better suit your setup, based on reading through the debug.log in your /EFI/CLOVER/Misc folder.
  • I have changed the SMBIOS from MacPro6,1 to iMac19,2, as that is a much better match to your system than the MacPro6,1 SMBIOS.
Try booting with this CLOVER EFI from a spare USB pen drive.

Do not replace your current EFI folder until you are sure this works, and hopefully works better than your current EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.4 MB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back