Contribute
Register

C422 Xeon Help installing OSX (will turn into guide once sorted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X11SRA UEFI 1.2a
CPU
Xeon W2140B
Graphics
VEGA 56 (flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Everyone

Wanting to get some help with Installing OSX on the C422 platform, I've tried to install already to no avail, hoping one of you can help assist me and once finished I'll turn this into a C422 guide.

Hardware Specs below:

CPU: Intel W2140B (yes the one from the iMac Pro!)
Mobo: Supermicro C422 X11SRA Bios 1.2a
RAM: 64GB DDR4 2133Mhz
SSD1: 1.2TB Intel 750 PCIE NVME
SSD2: 2.4TB Micron 9100 MAX U.2 NVME
SSD3: 960GB SK Hynix PE3110
HDD: 8TB Seagate
GPU: AMD Vega 56 (Flash to 64)

Clover r4920
iMac Pro SMBios

Last edited:
I've tried to install already to no avail,
You need to be a bit more specific in order to get any help with this.

You need to be a bit more specific in order to get any help with this.

I'll update once I try again with this new version of clover 4630 I tried previously with the special kext for skylake x cpu's and kept getting stuck at some hexadecimal pci code

Hi Everyone

Wanting to get some help with Installing OSX on the C422 platform, I've tried to install already to no avail, hoping one of you can help assist me and once finished I'll turn this into a C422 guide.

Hardware Specs below:

CPU: Intel W2140B (yes the one from the iMac Pro!)
Mobo: Supermicro C422 X11SRA
RAM: 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz
SSD1: 1.2TB Intel 750 PCIE NVME
SSD2: 960GB SK Hynix PE3110
SSD3: 256GB Samsung 951 NVME
HDD: 8TB Seagate
GPU: AMD Vega 56 (Flash to 64)

Clover 4630
iMac Pro SMBios

See: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-build-your-own-imac-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/

Also works with Xeon/C422.

Good luck

Hi, @kgp
You tested it on a real C422 configuration or theoretically only?

I wasn't not even my own conclusion. Please see post #2214. That's btw also the guy you could ask for further details and information.

Me personally I would never opt for C422. In my personal opinion, X299 and Skylake-X is definitely the better choice, with a potential exceeding by far the one of C422 at nearly equal macOS compatibly.

Last edited:
@kgp thanks for the info ill see how I go, finally getting around to it this weekend XD.

Interested to understand your view on x299 over c422 as I went c422 because ECC memory and official processor from the iMac Pro.

Hi, @RBZ10
Please share you results. Success or not?

Last edited:
@yapan4
no luck been so busy with other stuff in life atm, trying again today. currently gets stuck after applying the patched kext files says pause 5 seconds then doesn't go anywhere

Thanks for the answer. Your results are still interesting.
Run in the verbose mode -v and take off the screen to the camera. And upload please your EFI folder...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back