Graphics
EVGA 560 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just finished up my build and after getting everything to function 100%, I decided to try and OC my i5 750 just a tad bit. Since I don't have Windows installed on this system yet, I have no way to test my stability so i just wanted to do something modest so I attempted 3.2. All I changed in my BIOS was the BCLK from stock 133 to 160, nothing else. Of course the BIOS adjusted my memory and such accordingly. Since it was a modest OC and I have read of many people achieving the same thing on stock voltages, I did not adjust these. I did not alter speed step, turbo boost, c states, or anything like that. After posting and SL boots up, right after my internet address is displayed in verbose mode, I get a message telling me C states cannot be enabled. Being as I never messed with them and I read an article on Tom's Hardware of them achieving the same thing on stock everything except for the BCLK being changed with C states enabled, running a stable system. Is there some patching of the DSDT that needs to be done to account for the change in frequencies? I've reset my BIOS to default freq since I cannot run a stable test on Prime95 and don't want to damage my system.

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions to solving my problem? I am new to both hackintoshes and OC'ing so any links to tutorials or guides to learning how to OC would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Edit: After reading through the forums, I found some people with similar issues so I manually set my C states and everything to enabled with the OC. Although I did not get any errors upon boot up and load, I still was not able to perfom a stable prime 95 test.

Probably due to fact that memory will be running significantly above the rated speed, due to BCLK increase!

Perhaps you can eeek out the extra memory performance by some voltage changes, or might have to lower the memory multiplier (and then end up with memory running much the 1333MHz/667MHz standard, unless BCLK raised even further). Might therefore need to consider a lower BCLK setting if you dont want to mess with over-volotages.

This is an interesting article, if you'd not seen it yet:
http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back