Graphics
GTX770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So right now I have NO states enabled in Clover. The only state that was set to true or enable, was state 6 ? And the issue was I would get REALLY bad coil whine.

So, I understand that no states might make the cpu run a little less efficient, hotter, etc. But are there other issues at hand? Lack of coil whine to me is more important than the cpu running a degree or two hot.

System Specs:
Gigabyte-GA-170-Gaming 7
8GB Geil DDR4
Kingston 240GB SSD
Nvidia GTX 770
Steinberg MR816 Uadio interface...firewire adapted to Thunderbolt 3

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So right now I have NO states enabled in Clover. The only state that was set to true or enable, was state 6 ? And the issue was I would get REALLY bad coil whine.

So, I understand that no states might make the cpu run a little less efficient, hotter, etc. But are there other issues at hand? Lack of coil whine to me is more important than the cpu running a degree or two hot.

System Specs:
Gigabyte-GA-170-Gaming 7
8GB Geil DDR4
Kingston 240GB SSD
Nvidia GTX 770
Steinberg MR816 Uadio interface...firewire adapted to Thunderbolt 3

Lack of CPU P & C States can be caused by BIOS Settings and not implementing Native CPU Powermanagement by generating a SSDT.aml for Powermanagement. Your hardware only requires a SSDT for Powermanagement. Take a look at Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management

Motherboard
GA-Z170-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yeah I have an SSDT for the 6700K in the Patched folder in clover. I'm trying every effort I can to get rid of coil whine. MY previous hack, which as a dual 1366, I had to disable all the states in bios to get rid f the whine. It was. a widely known issue even in Windows, if you used a firewire audio interface, you had to disable states with a x58 setup.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yeah I have an SSDT for the 6700K in the Patched folder in clover. I'm trying every effort I can to get rid of coil whine. MY previous hack, which as a dual 1366, I had to disable all the states in bios to get rid f the whine. It was. a widely known issue even in Windows, if you used a firewire audio interface, you had to disable states with a x58 setup.

Attach ioreg along with Clover Folder with Themes removed ZIP attach. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Motherboard
GA-Z170-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay. This should be what you requested. It's no issue for me to re-install Sierra. I am thinking of re-installing High Sierra anyways. the only thing that I need from HS is the extra ports patch. Thats around here in the HS forum I think.

Chalk some of it to Corsair. I bought a CX750M for this 170 build...and it sucks. My older EVGA Nex750B is way quieter.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Okay. This should be what you requested. It's no issue for me to re-install Sierra. I am thinking of re-installing High Sierra anyways. the only thing that I need from HS is the extra ports patch. Thats around here in the HS forum I think.

Chalk some of it to Corsair. I bought a CX750M for this 170 build...and it sucks. My older EVGA Nex750B is way quieter.

Ioreg shows Powermanagement is implemented. Not much more can be done.

Motherboard
GA-Z170-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Gotcha. Thank you. I got most of it solved I think though. I will have to get a legit thunderbolt audio interface to see if theres noise difference between that and the firewire to thunderbolt adapter / interface setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.