Motherboard
Gigabyte H310M
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, people! I've got a decent setup, everything works fine. The only issue is the GTX 750 Ti which probably won't ever have webdrivers for Mojave and later versions.

I'm using High Sierra right now because of the webdrivers. But I've figured out I don't really use this machine for anything too heavy on graphics, really. So why not update once and for all, and just use the integrated graphics.

However, I also use this computer with a Windows install which runs the GTX 750 Ti nicely. So that's the connector where I want to leave the HDMI screen plugged.

Is there any way to get the same output I'd get from the motherboard HDMI but from the GTX 750 Ti HDMI port, while skipping the graphics processing part of the driverless dedicated card, so that I don't have to switch the HDMI cable back and forth?
Any help appreciated

Is there any way to get the same output I'd get from the motherboard HDMI but from the GTX 750 Ti HDMI port, while skipping the graphics processing part of the driverless dedicated card, so that I don't have to switch the HDMI cable back and forth?

@Josejoram,

It is not possible to route the IGPU through the GTX 750 Ti ...

The only solution that would work is to connect both the GTX 750 Ti and the IGPU to two different ports on your monitor using two separate cables. You can then disable the Nvidia card in MacOS via ACPI calls (custom SSDT or edited DSDT), the process is detailed in @RehabMan's guide linked in this post :-

Once correctly implemented MacOS will use the IGPU and Windows will use the GTX 750 Ti without you having to unplug any cables, most monitors will automatically switch to the active input ... if your monitor does not support this you will have to use the monitors input select button (or menu option) to select to required input but its still better than having to swap cables around.

This method has been successfully used by many users in a similar situation to yourself.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back