Contribute
Register

Buying Recommendations for a first-timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

So I'm new not only to the forum, but to building computers.

Let me give you a brief background as to why I've chosen the Hackintosh route.

Throughout my early years until I started high school I was always a windows guy. But then in high school I needed to use Logic Pro for my music production and so I basically transitioned into Apple. I love the OS X, probably more than the Windows interface, mainly due to its simplicity. However, I've slowly come to the realisation that the hardware I am paying for with the price is not good enough. I am a gamer, and as I am sure you are aware that gaming on a mac compared to a pc is a joke. Not to mention the fact I'd need a new machine every time I wanted an upgrade...
I considered using bootcamp, however I just don't think it is worth it due to the price and low graphics capabilities of a mac.

So that is why I've decided to get a hackintosh.
I will be dual booting into Windows 10 and Sierra using two seperate hard drives. Windows will be used for gaming and entertainment purposes, while the Mac part will be used for my music production.

Here is my question for you.
I have settled on the Nvidida Geforce GTX 1080ti as a GPU, and want to get a 4k monitor for 4k gaming and for my music production. Ideally a Kaby Lake CPU would be good, and I can wait until the proper support comes in for OSX, however if you think sky lake will do a great job anyway I am happy to go with that.

Can somebody please put together a list of parts for me (monitor, cpu, motherboard, liquid cooler, etc.) that will work for this kind of machine I want?

No budget.

Thanks guys,
Chris

Can somebody please put together a list of parts for me (monitor, cpu, motherboard, liquid cooler, etc.) that will work for this kind of machine I want?

No budget.

Do you know about this site's Buyer's Guide? That's the place to start for you, I think, as what you're asking for has pretty much already been done there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back