1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I am new and I would like buy this components

CPU : Intel Core i5-760 2.80GHz Socket 1156 95W Boxed
MOBO : Motherboard Asus - P7P55D
RAM : CORSAIR MEMORY PC XMS3 DHX 4 GB (KIT 2 X 2 GB)
DDR3-SDRAM CL9 PC10666 (TW3X4G1333C9DHX)
HD (DATA) : Western Digital 1.5TB WD15EARS Intellipower 64MB Green sata2 3,5
HD (MAC OS) : MAXTOR STM3500323AS SCSI Disk Device*
HD (OS WIN7) : MAXTOR STM3250824AS*

VGA : VAPOR-X ATI Radeon HD5750 1G GDDR5 PCI-E 2.0
or PNY GEFORCE GTS 450 - 1 GB GDDR5 - PCI-EXPRESS 2.0
what is the best and fully compatible vga?

DVD R/W : LG BLU-RAY

* They are old but I have already them.

Are they fully compatible?
Thank you in advance for the help.
By

I would strongly suggest going with a Gigabyte motherboard to ensure the best compatibility.

I don't know if SCSI hard drives are compatible or not. Do you have a SCSI card that they will connect to?

If your going to use the WD 1.5TB hard drive for data will that be Mac Data or Windows data, or do you plan to format the drive with two partitions?

I wouldn't go with an Nvidia 4xx series GPU, a lot of people are having issues with freezing. I don't believe that the 5750 GPU is compatible. I know that the 5770 GPU is.

You may also have problems with the Blu-Ray drive and waking-up your system from sleep.

I would strongly suggest going with a Gigabyte motherboard to ensure the best compatibility.
ok I think I choose this: GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4 - Socket 1156 - Chipset P55 - ATX 142

I don't know if SCSI hard drives are compatible or not. Do you have a SCSI card that they will connect to?
Hard disks are both SATA.

If your going to use the WD 1.5TB hard drive for data will that be Mac Data or Windows data, or do you plan to format the drive with two partitions?
I will make a partition for Windows and a partition for Mac OS X

I wouldn't go with an Nvidia 4xx series GPU, a lot of people are having issues with freezing. I don't believe that the 5750 GPU is compatible. I know that the 5770 GPU is.
Ok, but on Osx86 wiki in 10.6.5 Hardware Compatibility Lists http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... 10.6.5#ATI
there is also Radeon HD 5750 1GB Vapor-x, why you belive that the 5750 GPU is not compatible?

You may also have problems with the Blu-Ray drive and waking-up your system from sleep.
I would use the bluray only with windows for mac I use a LG DVD player.

thanks for your help..

I look forward to suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back