Contribute
Register

Buying advice : IPS screen for video editing for less than 300eur

Dear editors on Tonymacx,
What screens are you working with ? What would you advise me to buy for less than 300eur ?
I´m looking for an IPS screen for less than 300 eur (or 2 screens for less than 300 eur each), that doesn´t hurt the eyes too much when working for long hours. I´m looking for the best possible sharpness and fast response time.

Hoping for your advice. Thank you very much !

I´m using the following build:
INTEL Core i7 6700K 4Ghz
GIGABYTE Z170 UD5
GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 980 4Go VRAM

Motherboard
Asus Z270G
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
EVGA 1060 SC 6GB
Mobile Phone
Android
I was in the same dilemma last year. Decided to go with two Dell U2415. And I'm happy with my choice.

I think it would be helpful if you'd say what software/NLE are you planing to use and what are you going to do with it.

What can strain my eyes is namely the text - menus, track data, file names etc. Maybe i miss something, but i find a small pixel size to be an issue. (as it happens with 4K displays in that price range. or let me know;-))

I can testify mainly about Avid Media Composer usage, on windows 7. No color grading.
Both Avid/Win7 limit how I can customize my display/font sizes.
And maybe it's just habits, but i find it much more convenient to use Avid in a dual setup - single screen is too crowded.

Regarding the U2415, among it's virtues is the 16x10 ratio, which enables me to see more tracks on the timeline.
Also it looks good, has a thin bezel, and a good stand - nothing "sinks" like i have seen with some older HP models (this says nothing about current models by HP).
From my experience you absolutely don't need a fast response time. So unless you also play games which demand it, I wouldn't put it as a priority.

Bottom line: Stick to IPS. And two HD 22" are better than one 4K 27".(for Avid at least )

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer !
In the meantime, I went for an Eizo Flexscan EV2450 and happy with it