Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170 UD5
CPU
INTEL Core i7 6700K 4Ghz
Graphics
GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 980 4Go VRAM
Dear editors on Tonymacx,
What screens are you working with ? What would you advise me to buy for less than 300eur ?
I´m looking for an IPS screen for less than 300 eur (or 2 screens for less than 300 eur each), that doesn´t hurt the eyes too much when working for long hours. I´m looking for the best possible sharpness and fast response time.

Hoping for your advice. Thank you very much !

I´m using the following build:
INTEL Core i7 6700K 4Ghz
GIGABYTE Z170 UD5
GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 980 4Go VRAM

I was in the same dilemma last year. Decided to go with two Dell U2415. And I'm happy with my choice.

I think it would be helpful if you'd say what software/NLE are you planing to use and what are you going to do with it.

What can strain my eyes is namely the text - menus, track data, file names etc. Maybe i miss something, but i find a small pixel size to be an issue. (as it happens with 4K displays in that price range. or let me know;-))

I can testify mainly about Avid Media Composer usage, on windows 7. No color grading.
Both Avid/Win7 limit how I can customize my display/font sizes.
And maybe it's just habits, but i find it much more convenient to use Avid in a dual setup - single screen is too crowded.

Regarding the U2415, among it's virtues is the 16x10 ratio, which enables me to see more tracks on the timeline.
Also it looks good, has a thin bezel, and a good stand - nothing "sinks" like i have seen with some older HP models (this says nothing about current models by HP).
From my experience you absolutely don't need a fast response time. So unless you also play games which demand it, I wouldn't put it as a priority.

Bottom line: Stick to IPS. And two HD 22" are better than one 4K 27".(for Avid at least )

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer !
In the meantime, I went for an Eizo Flexscan EV2450 and happy with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back