Buying advice: i7 5820K, X99-UD5 WIFI, GTX970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X99UD5
CPU
Graphics
970GTX
Hello. This is my first time building a hackintosh. This will replace my 2011 iMac. I will use the machine for Lightroom, video rendering and occasionally gaming. Here's my current purchase list according to
zurie I understand HASWELL-E is not fully supported yet. I lived with 2011 imac even without full speed now, it will still be a super upgrade.

i7 5820K
GIGABYTE X99-UD5 WIFI
SAMSUNG 850 PRO or 840
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (4X4) 2666 MHz CL 15 Q. DDR4
GIGABYTE GTX970
a 750W power supply

Do I need anything else? Also, if you guys could advice on the build especially on the RAM that'd be nice. DDR4 is really expensive.:banghead:

Other then a case and proper cooling your looking great.

That should be a great build. Keep us updated on your success.

I'll document my whole process.

I'm looking at COOLER MASTER COSMOS SE. Having a dust filter is the killer feature.

Do I need to replace CPU stock cooling? I live in Bangkok so it's quite hot and humid. I usually work air conditioned but when it's not too hot I prefer a fan.

edit: I just realized 2011 cpus don't come with heat sink. :/

did you get the onboard wifi to work? i'm looking at using the exact same components as you are! Were there any extra bootflags you had to use in order to get the onboard wifi to work?

Hello. This is my first time building a hackintosh. This will replace my 2011 iMac. I will use the machine for Lightroom, video rendering and occasionally gaming. Here's my current purchase list according to
zurie I understand HASWELL-E is not fully supported yet. I lived with 2011 imac even without full speed now, it will still be a super upgrade.

i7 5820K
GIGABYTE X99-UD5 WIFI
SAMSUNG 850 PRO or 840
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (4X4) 2666 MHz CL 15 Q. DDR4
GIGABYTE GTX970
a 750W power supply

Do I need anything else? Also, if you guys could advice on the build especially on the RAM that'd be nice. DDR4 is really expensive.:banghead:
Any progress with this one? I want to make the same build and I'd like to know how is it going. PLease, let us know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back