Contribute
Register

Buying Advice HP Probook 450 Ivy Bridge or Haswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh, sorry. It wanted to be a Dell Inspiron, I was just in a hurry.

This would be a machine that is used at university, so stability is also a concern, but the fact when something is not working as it should, then it really irratates me.
Although, I'm completly aware of the situation when a PC and OS X comes together.

I'm on my wits end, but I'm hoping and rooting for some miraculous breakthrough concerning the case.

I have a Dell 7537, which is very much the same. The audio does not have proper kext now, only speaker and mic work. I doubt 5537 will face the same problem due to new audio chipset.

I haven't checked the 5537 as a candidate for OS X, because that is not meant to be a Hackbook.

It would be great to have someone else with a 450 G1! I'm working on sleep with Rehabman, unfortunately I haven't had any time this week to test out new patches. If you get the G1 you can help out!
Built my first HackMini and I'm happy about it.. Everything works except built-in WiFi and BT. Now on to HackBook - I just placed order for 450 G1 - i3 4000M w/ HD4600

I'm not tech savvy and hope I can get this working. I want dual boot with Win7. Based on my understanding, I start with creating Windows Recovery disc, install OSX using Clover and reinstall Win7 on a partition. Is my understanding correct?

Built my first HackMini and I'm happy about it.. Everything works except built-in WiFi and BT. Now on to HackBook - I just placed order for 450 G1 - i3 4000M w/ HD4600

I'm not tech savvy and hope I can get this working. I want dual boot with Win7. Based on my understanding, I start with creating Windows Recovery disc, install OSX using Clover and reinstall Win7 on a partition. Is my understanding correct?

For dual boot with Chamelon, read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

For dual boot with Clover, read the Clover ProBook guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

OK, my Atheros ar5b195 has arrived and it's working without any additional patches, although it seems to be always looking for available networks even if it's connected to my wifi. I should be able to start investigating on the sleep issue now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back