Contribute
Register

Buying Advice HP Probook 450 Ivy Bridge or Haswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW... what is the state of your DSDT as far as patches?
I applied all of these patches:
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.ISCT\) remove_matched;
"IRQ Fix", "Audio Layout 12", "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (only apply the first section, NOT the next two for VID/AGP1), "Brightness Fix (Haswell)","Fix _WAK Arg0 v1"
Apply battery patch from herehttps://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBo...06_Battery.txt
Changed DSDT header as follows to DefinitionBlock ("dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "1680 ", 0x00000001)

I applied all of these patches:
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.ISCT\) remove_matched;
"IRQ Fix", "Audio Layout 12", "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (only apply the first section, NOT the next two for VID/AGP1), "Brightness Fix (Haswell)","Fix _WAK Arg0 v1"
Apply battery patch from herehttps://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBo...06_Battery.txt
Changed DSDT header as follows to DefinitionBlock ("dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "1680 ", 0x00000001)

Please post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Also, try with GenericUSBXHCI and -gux_defer_usb2 (kernel flag).

Also, I notice your Radeon is enabled. Can you disable it from BIOS. If not, we can attempt to turn it off in SSDT.

Keep up the good work guys! You are amazing!:clap:

Actually, I am dwelling on for a while on this matter... 450 G1 or 5537? I can't decide, because if the G1 was fully utilized like the 45xx series, it wouldn't cause me concerns about the buying...

Rehabman, would you like to have an other guinea pig with a G1?:mrgreen:

I hesitate to choose because my aim is utter funcionality.

Sorry about the off...

Actually, I am dwelling on for a while on this matter... 450 G1 or 5537? I can't decide, because if the G1 was fully utilized like the 45xx series, it wouldn't cause me concerns about the buying...

Sorry about the off...

Not sure what a 5537 is??

But hopefully there will soon be another person with a 450 G1. It would be nice to see what the deal is with sleep... Like I said above, non-working sleep is a deal killer. I'm surprised it is an issue, given I had no issue with sleep on the Haswell Envy.

Sorry about the off...

It would be great to have someone else with a 450 G1! I'm working on sleep with Rehabman, unfortunately I haven't had any time this week to test out new patches. If you get the G1 you can help out!

Not sure what a 5537 is??

But hopefully there will soon be another person with a 450 G1. It would be nice to see what the deal is with sleep... Like I said above, non-working sleep is a deal killer. I'm surprised it is an issue, given I had no issue with sleep on the Haswell Envy.

Ohh, sorry. It wanted to be a Dell Inspiron, I was just in a hurry.

This would be a machine that is used at university, so stability is also a concern, but the fact when something is not working as it should, then it really irratates me.
Although, I'm completly aware of the situation when a PC and OS X comes together.

I'm on my wits end, but I'm hoping and rooting for some miraculous breakthrough concerning the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back