Contribute
Register

Buying Advice HP Probook 450 Ivy Bridge or Haswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my laptop configuration:
If not, can you help me to patch my laptop's DSDT and SSDT. This is my laptop's DSDT, SSDT, PCI and codecDump.

I'll start a thread with my guide for 450 g1 and a little guide for all the dsdt paches

Yes, the slider is in SysPrefs->Displays and the transition seems very smooth when I move it

Awesome! Nice to have confirmation that that patch + ACPIBacklight.kext is working on yet another configuration.

I'll start a thread with my guide for 450 g1 and a little guide for all the dsdt paches

Nice!

Is there still an issue with sleep on this laptop or is that resolved? Non-working sleep would be a deal-killer for most people.

Is there still an issue with sleep on this laptop or is that resolved? Non-working sleep would be a deal-killer for most people.

Yes, but I you help me, I'll look into it in the next days!

Yes, but I you help me, I'll look into it in the next days!

Sure. First thing to try would be additional DSDT patches. It would also be a good idea to have a supported WiFi card in the laptop (or none at all). Did you order a new card yet? Will be interesting... hopefully no BIOS whitelist.

Sure. First thing to try would be additional DSDT patches. It would also be a good idea to have a supported WiFi card in the laptop (or none at all). Did you order a new card yet? Will be interesting... hopefully no BIOS whitelist.

No yet, when I do it will take ages to arrive because I'll probably have to order it from the US or China. I don't know if I have a whitelist so I'm not sure what cards I can order. How do I find out about whitelist?

No yet, when I do it will take ages to arrive because I'll probably have to order it from the US or China. I don't know if I have a whitelist so I'm not sure what cards I can order. How do I find out about whitelist?

The only way to find out is to install a new card and see if the BIOS complains. Recent ProBooks seem to have ditched the whitelist, so let's hope it stays that way.

The only way to find out is to install a new card and see if the BIOS complains. Recent ProBooks seem to have ditched the whitelist, so let's hope it stays that way.

Ok, I can order Atheros AR5BHB92 (ar9280) or a Broadcom BCM94322HM8L from ebay. They are in Europe so they won't take to long to arrive. Until then I'll take out my internal one

Ok, I installed windows. When the laptop goes to sleep the power button flashes. That doesn't happen at all in OSX so the computer isn't entering sleep.

I enabled hybrid graphics in BIOS and I can boot normally in OSX with no problem, is there any way to try and get the dedicated graphics to work (just for experiment)?

I can't turn bluetooth off (I don't even know if it works)

HDMI out works, but not VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back