Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
msi X99A sli plus
CPU
i7 5820k
Graphics
Geforce GTX 980ti Windforce
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and this is my first hackintosh attempt. I've been reading quite a lot over a month or so and want some help deciding on parts.

The main function of the rig will be Premiere Pro, Resove and some After effects.

I'm looking for a solid rig that can handle 4k, and will last me some time yet has a support out there as this is my first one. ( I have a couple mates with more experience helping me out btw )

I'm still deciding if I want to go down the thunderbolt path and get a:

i7 - 4790K and a
GA-Z97X-UD7 Dual Thunderbolt 2 ATX Motherboard

Otherwise I've been looking at this set up so far:

Motherboard:
ASUS Sabertooth X79
CPU: INTEL i7- 4930K
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32G DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)
System Drive: Samsung 850 PRO Series 256 GB
Storage Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Power Supply: XFX 750W
Case: Fractal Design Define R5

Looking for advice and suggestions!
Cheers
:thumbup:

I don't do video editing, so can't really comment on the appropriateness of your CPU and motherboard selection, but there are plenty of existing video editing builds listed on this website. What I can suggest is considering your budget and SSD choice(s). I'd expect that a larger but marginally slower SSD would be of more practical benefit to you. From what I've seen, prices on the Samsung 850 Pro are very reasonable until we reach the 512 GB model. If your budget can stretch a bit, you might consider a 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO instead of the 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro. This would give you more fast working space (even if on the same drive as MacOS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back