Graphics
Visiontek R9 280X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, Ive been reading this forum for about a year but this is my first post. I am a video editor and currently edit on my macbook pro 2012 with final cut pro x and sometimes premiere pro.The specs on my macbook are 2.3 ghz i7, 16gb ram, and nvidia geforce gt 650m 512mb. I was thinking of building a socket 2011 hack using parts from the buyers guide, I have a 1500 budget and i already have an iMac that i currently use as a monitor and an extra 28 inch hd monitor. I just want to know if this build will help me render faster in final cut and premiere.

ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME
CORE I7 4820K
CORSAIR H60
EVGA 740 SC 4GB
CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 64GB
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 3TB
CORSAIR 760 WATT
CORSAIR GRAPHITE 600T
TP-LINK PCI EXPRESS WIFI ADAPTER

What do you all think?

if you want fast rendering in fcp x go with an AMD card:headbang:

if you want fast rendering in fcp x go with an AMD card:headbang:

Wich card thats supported would you recommend? Also would I be able to do two different cards? One for fcpx and one for when Im using premiere ?

Any of the r9 280x will work the 290x are troublesome for some users. I would not mix gpus, that can be problematic. AMDs give faster render speeds on FCPX, just decide on with NLE is your number one and buy the card to match its strength. Choose one and go with it, only you can decide what you prefer.:headbang:

Agree with other posters, if you want an FCP X rig, AMD 280X cards are the way to go, even a 5770 card will beat most nVidia cards. I've benchmarked the nVidia 660 vs a single 5770 and it was slower.

Do not mix the graphics cards up, including the onboard internal graphics card (if you have one) as its unclear which card FCP X will use for rendering.

Dual 280X cards work very well, triple even better :)

The i7 will make a difference as it has some onboard mpeg encoding which also speeds things up.

Rob

Or is any r9 280x card good?

That should work good luck. let us know how it goes.:clap:

Cool, thanks! using two GPUs will make rendering faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back