MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GD5T OC 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
:crazy:

This forum is amazing. So much information but I feel a little overwhelm because this is my first ever computer build. I would appreciate any advice or recommendation as I am just about to the point of purchasing my first ever hackintosh.

First I would like to ask if there is any point in waiting to see what apple releases next week? Most new builds people have the i7-4790K which is over 16 months old. I am wondering if it would be a mistake to start with the i7-5775C instead?

My main use of this would be 4k video and photo editing. Dual 4k monitors and secondary linux/Windows bootup capabilities. So was hoping to get my machine set up in two phases - start by getting my CPU, mobo, RAM and GPU. Get the rest and build up the storage and additional cards later on.

Right now I have a budget of $2500 for September, but most likely will be able to throw another $2000 at it in October.

So if I throw almost $5,000 into a machine, I would like to at least take advantage of the current technology and future proof it as much as reasonably possible (i.e. DDR4, thunderbolt2, etc...). I don't want to be stuck with an old motherboard and CPU that ends up needing to be replaced next year because there aren’t enough available slots for new pci or graphics cards that may come out in the near future.

Being that this is my first machine – my main concern is not to overlook anything important, but also not sure if some of this is totally overkill?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Currently my spec sheet is:

1. Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core
  2. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB
  3. Mobo:
a. GIGABYTE GA-X99-GAMING G1 WIFI LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
or
b. ASUS ATX DDR4 3000 LGA 2011-3 Motherboards X99-DELUXE/U3.1

4. Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz C16 DDR4 Systems (CMK32GX4M4A2666C16)

5. Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CW-9060021-WW

6. Samsung 840 EVO Series 500GB mSATA3 Solid State Drive (if it’s compatible with this chip?)
7. TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter, 5Ghz 1300Mbps + 2.4Ghz 600Mbps

8. Dual LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriters

I’ve already purchased these (which I plan on using with my first hackintosh):
2 x Dell P2715Q 27" Ultra HD 4K Monitors
2 x Samsung 1TB 850 PRO Series SATA 2.5" SSD (RAID 0)

Lastly I am looking at putting everything in one of these towers, but not sure if I need a full tower if I am only going to use 1 graphics card? Could I get away with a midsize?

Corsair Graphite Series 780T Full Tower PC Case - White (CC-9011059-WW)

Or
BitFenix Shinobi XL Window Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
(If I could get away with a midsize tower I was looking at: NZXT S340 white Mid Tower CA-S340W-W1)

What thunderbolt2 options could I add to this system (I have several thunderbolt hard drives and thunderbold dock)? Are there any other cards I would need to add (Bluetooth, PCI cards, etc…) as well?

Thanks so much for any advice you can give (and more importantly if you think I am on the right track or not?)_
Shaka

Not sure if my post is too long but just wondering if I'm missing anything and if I can run OSX on this system ?

thanks

Looks like it already has been done. http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...e-6-core-i7-5820k-gtx-970-crucial-250-m2.html

Try to look for a more detailed X99 G1 guide to follow for the install.

Thanks for your reply! I went through this but my main question is which motherboard works better with OSX and do they have thunderbolt compatibility if I added a separate thunderbolt PCI card? Still trying to decide if the X99 G1 is a better fit than the ASUX ATX 3000?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back