• Intel i7 9700K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
  • Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX570 4G
  • Fractal Design Meshify C
  • Noctua NH-U14S
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
  • be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 550W
  • Samsung 970 Evo 500GB
if this was for Windows or Linux I would buy it and just assume I would get it to work. But from what I've read it's best to be picky with Hackintosh, to make life easier.

The biggest question mark for me is the motherboard. I don't see any builds with the Z390 chipset, and I can find a list of compatible chipsets (or at least not one that's up to date).

So the questions I've got:
  1. Will bluetooth/wifi work? Or would I be better off getting a cheaper motherboard without it, and buying a seperate card which is more compatible
  2. What to look for to determine the likelyhood of audio issues?

The z390 motherboards just got released and even if you can find a few successful builds already people are still tinkering and figuring out things with the new chipset.

Currently you will be an early adoptor for this chipset and for a first build that might be challenging. you’ll have to do a lot of research to understand everything and in order to get everythinv working.
Z370 builds are pretty mature yet and we have fully working builds for this chipset (z390 should get there too but as I said it’s still early).

- on board wifi will not work out of the box as the motherboards use intel wifi cards that are not compatible with macOS. However on most boards you can swap this card with a compatible broadcom card (check good which motherboard let’s you swap it).

The components you picked look fine and should work. Keep an eye out on the User Build section and see if you find someone that got a working system with the same motherboard.

Last edited:
Ideally I would like to build this hackintosh:
  • Intel i7 9700K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
  • Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX570 4G
  • Fractal Design Meshify C
  • Noctua NH-U14S
  • Samsung 970 Evo 500GB
if this was for Windows or Linux I would buy it and just assume I would get it to work. But from what I've read it's best to be picky with Hackintosh, to make life easier.

The biggest question mark for me is the motherboard. I don't see any builds with the Z390 chipset, and I can find a list of compatible chipsets (or at least not one that's up to date).

So the questions I've got:
  1. Will bluetooth/wifi work? Or would I be better off getting a cheaper motherboard without it, and buying a seperate card which is more compatible
  2. What to look for to determine the likelyhood of audio issues?

Bluetooth / Wifi provided with motherboards generally won't work in MacOS. You need a separate MacOS-compatible card.

Ok, I did some tweaking. This should be it:
  • Intel i7 8700K
  • Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi
  • Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX570 4G
  • Samsung 970 Evo 500GB
  • be quiet! Silent Base 600
  • be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
From what I understand this should be very compatible with Mojave.

Also changed some arbitrary parts around to have more stuff of the same brands. I know it probably doesn't make any diffrence, but it felt like that would be neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back