Contribute
Register

Buying advice for affordable laptop 2 in 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ABIT IG -81
CPU
Pentium 4
Graphics
Nvidia quadro Fx 580
Hi to all,
I am looking affordable cheap convertible or 2 in 1 laptop 10 - 14 inch like lenovo yoga to make it hackintosh. I don't care about cpu or gpu or ram , just to have really good screen and logical battery life. I want to install on it at least osx mavericks. I want it to have good screen panel to replace my old ipad and my super old macbook 13 unibody. I need something solid . if the touchscreen can work it will be huge plus! Any ideas ? Any advice? Any success ?

Last edited:
Hi to all,
I am looking affordable cheap convertible or 2 in 1 laptop 10 - 14 inch like lenovo yoga to make it hackintosh. I don't care about cpu or gpu or ram , just to have really good screen and logical battery life. I want to install on it at least osx mavericks. I want it to have good screen panel to replace my old ipad and my super old macbook 13 unibody. I need something solid . if the touchscreen can work it will be huge plus! Any ideas ? Any advice? Any success ?

You should read the FAQ, so that you understand the issues...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, check out the various guides subforums.

Thanks! That link explain really well the situation! I will try to find either lenovo yoga or hp spectre. Can i go with intel i3 processor... I hope that i can go with i3 and intel hd 3000...

HD3000 (Sandy Bridge) is really old... you will not find it in current laptops.
Most new laptops will be Skylake, KabyLake, or KabyLake-R.

HD3000 (Sandy Bridge) is really old... you will not find it in current laptops.
Most new laptops will be Skylake, KabyLake, or KabyLake-R.
I will try to find something that is manufactured refubrished ... If not i will go with skylake...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back