Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer
CPU
Xeon 1231V3
Graphics
Saphire R9390 Nitro
Hey guys!,
so i want to build a cheap mini itx hackintosh.
I already tried to search for parts but idk if they are all compatible with hackintosh.
I wanna make a Mavericks Hackintosh build by the way.
Thank you all for any tipps
My part list:
https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping...2212729e5286dc28368d1289ebbf00163be66fa023c51

PSU: i'm not sure but could i use the 160 to 200W picu psu?

Well if Mavericks is mandatory, then you can not go with a Skylake build as shown in your link. You should look at Haswell, IvyBridge for SandyBridge as those system will run Mavericks.

Good modding,
neil

Well if Mavericks is mandatory, then you can not go with a Skylake build as shown in your link. You should look at Haswell, IvyBridge for SandyBridge as those system will run Mavericks.

Good modding,
neil
K so i wanted to have usb type c on my Mobo so are there any alternatives?
Or should i just use idk Yosemite?

I would love to get some more advices for my projekt. Do u think, that my hackintosh could render some Videos and do some Adobe Video Editing?

Any specific reason you wanna make it Mavericks instead of El Capitan or Sierra ?
Nah Just because i like the look of mavericks better than the newer ones xD
So i could probably take the newer OS ;-)

Will the build which i listed above work for newer osx?

I would replace the Z170 motherboard for its H170 counterpart, would not go below 8GB of RAM and the RAM you chose is 240 pins ..and the motherboard calls for 288 pins

Do u think, that my hackintosh could render some Videos and do some Adobe Video Editing?
On a professionnal level .. no way.. i3 will choke. If you don't mind how long it will take to render.. yes it can.

Will the build which i listed above work for newer osx?

Your build will run El Capitan and Sierra. However the i3 CPU is in my mind is "entry" level and not intended to do "real" work. I would suggest that you go up to an I5 like the i5-6500 or better. Also, you do not need a Z170N when an H170N would do fine for non-overclocked systems. Increase the memory to at least 8GB (2 x 4GB) or to 16 GB is even better. Use a quality PSU and not a Pico PSU, I would do a 500 watt PSU so there are no power constraints now or latter.

Good modding,
neil

I would replace the Z170 motherboard for its H170 counterpart, would not go below 8GB of RAM and the RAM you chose is 240 pins ..and the motherboard calls for 288 pins

On a professionnal level .. no way.. i3 will choke. If you don't mind how long it will take to render.. yes it can.

Your build will run El Capitan and Sierra. However the i3 CPU is in my mind is "entry" level and not intended to do "real" work. I would suggest that you go up to an I5 like the i5-6500 or better. Also, you do not need a Z170N when an H170N would do fine for non-overclocked systems. Increase the memory to at least 8GB (2 x 4GB) or to 16 GB is even better. Use a quality PSU and not a Pico PSU, I would do a 500 watt PSU so there are no power constraints now or latter.

Good modding,
neil
Is it also possible to use just a i5 without my gpu and will it be like extreme worse for editing?
AND if i would use the i5 only could i use the usb c for display output?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back