Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
t.b.d.
CPU
t.b.d.
Graphics
t.b.d.
Hello all.
I am new to tonymackx86 and i would like to build my first Hackintosh.
I am a pretty experienced PC builder as every PC i owned since 1995 i build and maintain/upgrade myself.

- Could you confirm that i am in the right path and that all the components that i chose are compatible with Hackintosh?
- As soon as i complete the build, do i just start following the installation steps seen on the website or do i need to be aware of something else first? (my wife has an iMac so i can use it to patch the necessary files for the installation).
- Also should i expect something from this setup not to work in OSX and will i be able to run Sierra without any compatibility issues?

I have an i5 4670K cpu lying around and i decided to wrap a Hack-mini around it.
My only build requirements are that the motherboard must be LGA-1150 to utilize my existing i5 CPU and that i want to go mini-ITX, as i prefer to stick to the shoe-box category. That is why i want to use the integrated graphics of my CPU and not an external GPU.

Thanks for your feedback and help in advance :D

After following the Buyer's guide i decided on the following build:
amazon_zpsshuznjyz.jpg

case_zpsnovt52ty.jpg

cpu_zpsx1jvo21e.jpg

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for the reply.
I will leave the cpu at its default setting @3.4ghz (not going to overclock it)

If you suspect that the cpu would be too much for a compact build (due to overheating), or believe that this cooler is not going to be enough, then maybe i should rethink the idea.

My aim is to treat this mini like a Mac, meaning to leave it on for days and to use it as a music library.

btw, will i be able to update to Sierra on this build?

The install for El Capitan or Sierra is basically the same. Install Sierra first if you want that. You shouldn't have over heating problems using it as a Mac Mini media player. The Haswell CPUs are good at lowering the clock speed when less is needed. It's easy to implement power management by using an SSDT for your specific CPU. Ideally you'd be using a Haswell I3 CPU in this build but you may as well use what you've already got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back