Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DELL inspiron 15 3000 mother board
CPU
i7 Haswell
Graphics
NVIDIA GEFORCE
Hello to anyone reading this(if at all)

I want to get into audio music production, and cut costs instead of corners, i have seen a couple of builds here, but i don't see anyone who did it in the recent year that is 2017. these are the specs I'm going to buy, is there anything additonal i need to know?. I am a guy who knows a thing or two about PCs so even if you use alien language, i may google around and find outt what you said! :) So the specs i am going to purchase are:

Intel i7 6700K
Corsair vengeance 16 Gb RAM( 2 8 GB sticks)
GIGABYTE LGA 1151 INTEL Z170 MICRO ATX DDR4( im told this has wifi support too, is it true?)
Samsung EVO SSD x 2 125GB 9 for dual boot windows and mac)
Corsair RM 650 PSU
Corsair H60 Water cooler
Monitor
keyboard
mouse
Seagate barracuda 1 Tb
EVGA 740 SC single slot 2GB graphic card

I researched and thought this shouldnt be a problem. Can some one help me, have i overdone? can it be made cheaper(coz i think it's slightly expensive ;) ) Any other tips ? especially about Dual boot? i know keeping the two OS in different SSDs really help, apart from that, any suggestions are welcome :)

INTEL Z170 MICRO ATX DDR4
This could be one of a few different Gigabyte motherboards. Write in the specific model of the board.

Do you mean this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012N6F0TO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If so, it's got two legacy PCI slots that may not be of much use to you. You would want one that
has two PCI-e x1 slots instead for add on cards. Take that into consideration before buying.

Last edited:
This could be one of a few different Gigabyte motherboards. Write in the specific model of the board.

Do you mean this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012N6F0TO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If so, it's got two legacy PCI slots that may not be of much use to you. You would want one that
has two PCI-e x1 slots instead for add on cards. Take that into consideration before buying.

Thank you for the response! well yes it is the model you've sent the link of, also while we are on the subject of motherboards, do you have any preference, the budget is the same as i have for the the Micro ATX. I was also considering the
Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX DDR4 Motherboards GA-Z170X-UD5.
regards!!

Yes, the UD5 ATX motherboard is a good choice. Has much more connectivity.

hey while we are on the subject on mother boards, how is the Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI ? I'm asking coz UD5 ATX is kinda expensive here in my country, :)

It will work but you'll need an ATX size case to put it into, will not fit in a mATX case. Good for a budget choice.

Hey is there any sub or just about 1000$ model pc build in the recent months which includes dual boot, windows and osx that I could just replicate or improvise on ? Just seeing how their progress was and would learn.

Hey is there any sub or just about 1000$ model pc build in the recent months which includes dual boot, windows and osx that I could just replicate or improvise on ? Just seeing how their progress was and would learn.
Look at the current User Builds / Golden Builds sections of the Forum. There are many I7-6700K builds that cost close to or under $1000. Refer to the Dual Booting on 2 SSDs guide by Going Bald. Search works great, you just need to try it out.

Last edited:
Hey , just wanted to ask, im going for a i7700K a GIGABYTE 270 XP SLI motherboard and a GIGABYTE GeForce GV N1060G1 GAMING 6GD 6GB Graphics card, will it be compatible?

I just read that earlier, this GPU was incompatible, can you suggest me an equivalent? thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back