Contribute
Register

Buying a touch screen laptop: Where do I begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus h170 pro gaming
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As the title suggests I'm thinking of buying a touch laptop that will work well with OSX. The primary reason is to use it with a recording interface running mainstage so I can easily control things while performing live.

I've seen a couple proof of concept-esk videos on youtube with varying levels of performance: accuracy, multi-touch, gestures etc, so I can only assume that has something to do with touch hardware compatibility and/or aftermarket software (mac touchpad emulation or better touch tool for example).

Assuming what I've made of it all is accurate, can someone point me in the direction for what I need to be looking for in terms of device compatibility? I can't find any sort of list of hackable touch laptops

As the title suggests I'm thinking of buying a touch laptop that will work well with OSX. The primary reason is to use it with a recording interface running mainstage so I can easily control things while performing live.

I've seen a couple proof of concept-esk videos on youtube with varying levels of performance: accuracy, multi-touch, gestures etc, so I can only assume that has something to do with touch hardware compatibility and/or aftermarket software (mac touchpad emulation or better touch tool for example).

Assuming what I've made of it all is accurate, can someone point me in the direction for what I need to be looking for in terms of device compatibility? I can't find any sort of list of hackable touch laptops

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back