i3-3110M/C216
Graphics
HD 4000. 1366x768
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Running Clover Mavericks on a HP 4540s

I have an unsupported Atheros wifi card so for the time being I'm using a D-Link USB wifi mic, but I'd love to have wifi start when the computer starts and not about three minutes afterwards. I found a place advertising Broadcom wifi chips, and there are about 32-33 types of the model Broadcom 43224. Some of them refer to models others don't and none of them refer to the HP4540s.

Can anyone point to the correct model card please? And preferably, if you know a supplier, I'd love that information, too. I just don't know where to look. Information about drivers is easy to find, but not the actual adapter.

TIA

Running Clover Mavericks on a HP 4540s

I have an unsupported Atheros wifi card so for the time being I'm using a D-Link USB wifi mic, but I'd love to have wifi start when the computer starts and not about three minutes afterwards. I found a place advertising Broadcom wifi chips, and there are about 32-33 types of the model Broadcom 43224. Some of them refer to models others don't and none of them refer to the HP4540s.

Can anyone point to the correct model card please? And preferably, if you know a supplier, I'd love that information, too. I just don't know where to look. Information about drivers is easy to find, but not the actual adapter.

TIA

Best card for your 4540s would be BCM94352HMB.

The 4540s has no WiFi whitelist, so you can choose the best/most compatible with OS X.

Thanks, as always, RehabMan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back