4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
  7. SE
  8. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
None of the cards shown on US Amazon are the correct card -- even though the linked one says it is. It is actually a wifi-only card with NO BT.

"Fenvi FV-T919 802.11AC A/B/G/N/AC BT 4.0 Desktop Wifi Card"

I ended up finding a $110+ solution that worked out of the box at
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

but that price seems a tad steep. But still better than buying and returning ALL the fenvi's linked in the buying guide.

I would have sent this as a conversation, but I'm post-poor.

Thanks for the heads up. I think Amazon or the Seller changed which card that amazon ID linked to, or the manufacturer changed the model to remove BT. For now I've updated the title to remove BT 4.0 from it so no one is confused.

jccbin,
When the Fenvi FV-T919 is out of stock at Amazon, the seller redirects the link to another of cards. We've complained to Amazon about this, but to no avail.

The OSXWiFi.com card works OOB. Unfortunately, us hackintosh guys have driven the price up of the Boardcom BCM94360CD Wifi/Bluetooth cards and also lowered the inventory levels on the open market.

Thanks for the replies and info! For my playaround builds, I never bother with Bluetooth, but my last was a favor for a friend who wanted it to be as Mac-like as possible. Thus, I discovered the bleeding edge of connectivity. Luckily, I learned how to calm iMessage/messages down on here. I’m trying to learn more and more so I can actually help, but I’m a Liberal Arts major (Theatre and Communications), sooooooo. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back