Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-7960X
Graphics
Radeon VII
I don't know if here is the appropriate place for this thread, but is the only one that may fit.

Since I'm not an expert I find very difficult to choose the components to build, I mean there is a Buyer's Guide list, but (correct me if I'm wrong) there is no correspondence with any Installation Guides.
Some of the parts advised appear in the Golden builds, some do it in the User Guides, but some not.

Let me give you an example:
I'm looking to build a mATX, and the first two motherboards that appear are:
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H

Doing a quick search in the forums, I can't find a proper guide for the first mobo, but I did for the second:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ga-z170m-d3h-perfect-configuration-for-el-capitan-success.193651/

But then as I can see there is a lot of guides using other motherboards listed (but in the full list), some appear in the golden builds.

So just as a suggestion, maybe it will be better to have the components that are known to work and with a proper guide in the top of the list? Even with a link to the guide?

I know there is multiple components, but maybe just for the mobo+cpu combo will be helpful.

thanks all for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back