Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H270N
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060
Hello people of this awesome forum!

I getting my components together and have nearly everything to build my first hackinstosh :)
All the components are straight off the buyers guide, but the 980Ti's haven'd been added yet. Will they come? Or aren't they compatible in hackingtoshes? Because I would like to buy the 980 Ti: hybrid, G1 Gaming or the MSI.

If someone knows anything about this please let me know, thank you!

Auke

I don't think anyones been able to test them yet. Maybe you and I will be the lab rats on this.
I've started to order some generic parts for my first build.
I'm sure you'll need Nvida drivers for the card to work under OS-x. But will they be updated or similar to the 980? I may be backing off it, and going for higher clocked 980.
This is my first hackintosh, and I'm probably all ready biting off more then I can chew.

yeah my problem is similar!
I would really like to test them for others, but my system is'nt with most basic components (quite expensive... :() And more important: I don't have the experience..
I'm not saying that I can build my systems in a couple hours, It'll probably take me days, so that's why I don't want to be the first one to test them x) Because It's probably more then I can chew too :p

I can get 980 Ti's quite cheap, not multiple but just 1, having a relative with a business like this is very nice :) But now I have the money together, I just wanted to build my system, my MacBook is getting way too slow. And I'm afraid I don't have the patience to wait for the 980Ti's usability, so maybe it's a higher clocked 980 for me as well. (980 SuperClocked or G1 Gaming(gotta love the G1's outputs <3))

Thanks for your reply :)

Hi, I got the EVGA 06G-P4-4995-KR GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB working with 10.10.4.

I swapped out a 970 for it was working upon bootup with existing web drivers.

It shows up as an 'unknown device' but it's been working great with the Cuda driver and Adobe Premiere. Rendering times with 4K footage is unbelievable!

About this MacS creen Shot 2015-07-17 at 3.34.36 AM.png

Oh yeah, the build I made is for a friend, but after testing the card out with some gaming - I'm in the unfortunate position of wanting one for myself haha.

So any info about your relative who sells the cards would be much appreciated!

Thank you very much for your reply!My internet connection is way too bad to only look at the card u were suggesting, the one you used urself!But the performence is so much higher for a little bit more money then the 980 so I can upgrade again in a couple of years. But the card says unknown, but all features work? No hickups or anything? :pSo if u say it works fine, I'll just buy it I think :DWill the card be 'known' after updates or something? or how does that kind of stuff work?And I'm sorry, I'm the only one who can buy a Ti card... ;)

Nice!

So does the 980Ti use the same drivers as the 980?

Here was the card I was looking at:

http://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-14-125-787

versus a very nice overclocked 20th av ASUS card.

http://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-14-121-924

Would you have any advice here to offer??

I've seen on other sites they have been able to get this card to work with a single display:

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-Graphics-Cards-VCGGTX980T6XPB-CG/dp/B00YU72IS6

Thanks in advance....

Hi, I got the EVGA 06G-P4-4995-KR GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB working with 10.10.4.

I swapped out a 970 for it was working upon bootup with existing web drivers.

It shows up as an 'unknown device' but it's been working great with the Cuda driver and Adobe Premiere. Rendering times with 4K footage is unbelievable!

View attachment 144590

The way in which you achieved this is possibly vital. Did you install the OS with the 970 and then after the machine was set up you powered off the machine and switched graphics cards?

Or did you install the OS AFTER the 980ti was added to the build?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back