Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I realize that you need to follow the guidelines in the Buyer's Guide in order to build a proven Hackintosh. The question I had is, while following the general template laid out for example, a mATX build; Do I HAVE to use that recommended case, mobo, processor, RAM, etc?? Or when I click on "Full list of motherboards" can I pick any mATX out of that list? It's recommending GIGABYTE but I may want an mATX ASUS board.. Same thing with case. Can I use any old mATX case? Or do I have to use the Fractal Design? I wouldn't think a simple thing like a case mattered, but I want to be 100% before I waste my time/money.

Thank you in advance.

Case doesn't matter, and you can pick and choose from the lists to build what you want. As long as everything is compatible.

Otherwise what would be the point of the motherboard and cpu and gpu lists?

Forgive me for my ignorance. I used to build PC's but haven't since 2003. I definitely haven't built a Hackintosh before. I was in the market for a late 2012 MacMini i7 Quad-Core, but I now see the light and for the price I would pay for that, I will have a much faster machine. Of course, I have to sacrifice some things like support, driver issues, case size, etc..

Anyway, I thank you for confirming my suspicions. I'm just being very careful about the process. I hope to soon have everything picked out and post my list to run it by the group.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back