Contribute
Register

Burned Out on Understanding Internal Apple Bluetooth/Wifi Compatibility with OS X Sierra 2017. Help…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
CPU
i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Okay, ladies and gentlemen, so let's first get out of the way that I am indeed a Hackintosh building Newbie. I have, however, spent an entire week doing countless hours of research on how to make the ideal desktop computer for my needs [video editing, graphic design, digital illustration and development]. Over all I have completed what I think is a very appealing build that should all work very nicely, but understanding the Bluetooth/Wifi card compatibility with OS X Sierra has taken me to such an exhaustion that I'm finally desperate for some organic assistance. I hate begging, but... Please help.

In regards to Bluetooth/Wifi, my research has shown that the absolute best choice for easy and entirely native compatibility with OS X Sierra is an Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD iMac Airport Card and that nothing below BCM94331CD will work without an extra headache of a work-around. I then have also been led to understand that the only way to make this work with my Motherboard of choice is to redeem a PCI-E Mini to PCI-E Adapter for either of those exact models.

So my number one question right now is... Are these the only two parts that I'll need to get OS X Sierra Bluetooth/Wifi working or is the purchase of additional antennas absolutely necessary for operation? If antennas are necessary, then could I get them to work internally? When it comes right down to it, I really just don't want to have to have any external Wifi/Bluetooth Antenna(s) sticking out my tower, if it can be averted. Please, enlighten me on how I can accomplish this; I'm dying to get this build done and working as soon as possible - as, courtesy of Phoenix Comicon only being a few weeks away, time is my enemy to productivity right now. I can use all the help that I can get.

Much obliged,
Cat

Last edited:
A BCM94360CD or BCM94360CS with appropriate PCI-e adaptor works.

Yes, antennas are needed if you want to use Wifi and/or Bluetooth. Without antennas, you won't get reception on either Wifi or Bluetooth.

You can try using internal antennas but I don't know how good the reception will be.
2pcs-295-IPEX-MHF4-NGFF-M2-Antenna-for-BCM94352Z.jpg

Thank you very much, Pastrychef!

Now, might anyone then have any recommendations on individual antennas? I have already had a BCM94360CD and the required adapter sent to me, so the antennas and nothing else are now all that I need - no full-packages necessary. Anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back