Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am temped to built a new machine using these components:

ASRock X99E-ITX/AC Intel X99 So.2011-3 Dual Channel DDR4 Mini-ITX

Intel Xeon E5-1650v3 6x 3.50GHz So.2011-3 WOF

2x 16GB Crucial CT16G4RFD4213 DDR4-2133

Has anyone managed to succesfully install Yosemite with a ASRock X99E-ITX board and could report on how to approach it? I wouldn't want to just buy the components if I'm not 100% sure that it'll work since they are too expensive for just an experiment. Any help is appreciated very much!

Thanks,
Tina

I am temped to built a new machine using these components:

ASRock X99E-ITX/AC Intel X99 So.2011-3 Dual Channel DDR4 Mini-ITX

Intel Xeon E5-1650v3 6x 3.50GHz So.2011-3 WOF

2x 16GB Crucial CT16G4RFD4213 DDR4-2133

Has anyone managed to succesfully install Yosemite with a ASRock X99E-ITX board and could report on how to approach it? I wouldn't want to just buy the components if I'm not 100% sure that it'll work since they are too expensive for just an experiment. Any help is appreciated very much!

Thanks,
Tina

Check my topic. I did it with the same mobo and a 6-core 5280k

good luck with yours

Check my topic. I did it with the same mobo and a 6-core 5280k

good luck with yours

Yeah, I saw your thread just today. That's so awesome man! It's also exciting that the i7 is working with ECC RAM. In another forum I read that only Xeon CPUs can deal with ECC RAM, but apparently that was wrong then...

How did you go about installing OSX, did you use Clover or Unibeast? I only did one built with Unibeast so far, with highly compatible components only which made installing really easy....

Yeah, I saw your thread just today. That's so awesome man! It's also exciting that the i7 is working with ECC RAM. In another forum I read that only Xeon CPUs can deal with ECC RAM, but apparently that was wrong then...

How did you go about installing OSX, did you use Clover or Unibeast? I only did one built with Unibeast so far, with highly compatible components only which made installing really easy....

Hi again!
check the newest details on my thread.
I listed every step I did with Unibeast to have it running.
It's fast!
And I made it run with GTX 970.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back